PDA

View Full Version : Unfinished Tournaments

TheEdzyProjekt
08-02-2010, 04:52 PM
In the results tab where it shows your graphs and games played and your results, why is there always unfinished tournaments? What exactly does that mean? How accurate is that data to? I thought HEM would be able to pick up 100% data since they are coming from my computer's HH's. Is there a way to make it 100% correct? I want to have accurate results. All other result trackers seem to be way off... like sharkscope, top shark, etc. Is there anyway I can somehow get every SNG I play loaded in HEM or am I stuck with pen and paper if I want 100% accuracy?

Patvs
08-02-2010, 06:14 PM
SNGs played on which site?
STTs or MTTs?

You need to request and import any/all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars does not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive, like FTP does.

Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

TheEdzyProjekt
08-02-2010, 06:17 PM
I am playing on Full Tilt Poker and I am playing 9man SNG's.

Patvs
08-02-2010, 06:44 PM
If you have unfinished 9man Full Tilt SNGs-->
either you closed the SNG window too early (and closed the Full Tilt client) before Full Tilt could write the final info to the summary file, or
a similar issue occurred due to a connection failure.

Find the summary files of the "unfinished SNGs":
most likely they either don't exist, or it is written in the file that the SNG is still "in progress".

If you Email Full Tilt and request all your SNG summaries and import that--> it should update all the info in HoldemManager.

Polar_Bears
08-03-2010, 02:56 AM
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/Polar_Bears/IncompleteGames.jpg

So I have 195 of these incomplete tournies. From this view, is there a way to export it to Excel or some other program, so I can extract the tournament ID #'s out of it. Just trying to find an easier way of having to type 195 tournament #'s in an email to FT requesting tournament summaries.

Is there another way or a site that you are aware of that has a history of the tournament summaries for FT so that if I didn't want to contact support I could look myself? I know sharkscope does it, but you get charged "1" search for each request. When you are on a pay as you go with them 195 inquiries can start to add up. Just trying to figure out if there is any other way.

Also, is there a way to rearrange the column headings? I want to move the "tourney ID column" next to "Start time" and for the life of me I can't figure it out.

The Minder
08-03-2010, 03:59 AM
Bear,

You got something fundamentally wrong with your db. I'd strongly suggest you start a new db and re-import all your old hands.

Polar_Bears
08-03-2010, 04:29 AM
Bear,

You got something fundamentally wrong with your db. I'd strongly suggest you start a new db and re-import all your old hands.

Can you elaborate on why you would say that? I am assuming you mean re-import my hands from all the HH's? This is a 3 year old database, I don't know what hand histories are there and not there from the last 3 years, so now I am terrified that I will lose stuff in the process. Is that what you meant by by re-import?

Polar_Bears
08-03-2010, 07:40 AM
I just spent the last couple of hours setting up a new DB from scratch, and then importing all the HH's from FT back into the clean database. I am not sure why you suggested I do this and what I am suppose to look for.

I still have 203 incomplete tournaments after I did all this. So why did you tell me to do this?

Patvs
08-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Email Full Tilt--> request all your handhistories + summaries.

You don't have to tell them which tournaments, just request all.
And they'll email you every hand you've ever played + the MTT summaries.

--

I also would have created a new database. Since if you already have all the summary files, reimporting them into a new database should fix it.
Can you take a closer look of 1 of the unfinished tournies and publish what the summary files says?

Polar_Bears
08-03-2010, 09:07 AM
I also would have created a new database. Since if you already have all the summary files, reimporting them into a new database should fix it.
Fix what?!?!?! I don't even know why I did all this or what I am trying to fix. If it's all the incomplete tourneys in my DB, well I started from scratch, and re-imported everything and still have the same problem. I don't know why I spent hours redoing all this when I just simply asked how to get the information so I can manually fix it.

Can you take a closer look of 1 of the unfinished tourneys and publish what the summary files says?

What is the summary file?? Where is it located?? Is this it?
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/Polar_Bears/SummaryFile.jpg

Patvs
08-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Fix what?!?!?!

The current issue of incomplete results.
Pick an incomplete tourney in dataview--> write down the date you played it and the tourney #number (last column)

Now go to your archive folder. Default: C:/HMArchive
Go to the folder of that date--> and find the #number.

There should be TWO files with that number:
-1 which has all the handhistories
-2 the summary file which has the result information
The summary filename for example is:
FT20100713 $5 + $0.50 Sit & Go - (172166277) - Summary

I don't recommend you manually fix this. That's too much work. HoldemManager should have no problems producing the correct results. That's why I'm focusing on finding out what's wrong with the summary files. What does the summary file say of one of your incomplete tourny's?

Polar_Bears
08-03-2010, 09:50 AM
The current issue of incomplete results.
Pick an incomplete tourney in dataview--> write down the date you played it and the tourney #number (last column)

Now go to your archive folder. Default: C:/HMArchive
Go to the folder of that date--> and find the #number.

There should be TWO files with that number:
-1 which has all the handhistories
-2 the summary file which has the result information
The summary filename for example is:
FT20100713 $5 + $0.50 Sit & Go - (172166277) - Summary

I don't recommend you manually fix this. That's too much work. HoldemManager should have no problems producing the correct results. That's why I'm focusing on finding out what's wrong with the summary files. What does the summary file say of one of your incomplete tourny's?

Here is the summary file.

Patvs
08-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Every summary file should end with:
[your hero name] finished in xxth place

In the summary file you attached, is your hero still among the 35 players left in the tourney?

Polar_Bears
08-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Every summary file should end with:
[your hero name] finished in xxth place

In the summary file you attached, is your hero still among the 35 players left in the tourney?

Yes I am one of the 35 players still left playing.

Patvs
08-03-2010, 06:45 PM
So as stated before:

either you close the SNG windows too early (and close the Full Tilt client) before Full Tilt could write the FINAL info to the summary file, or it's a Full Tilt client issue. Does it still happen for RECENT SNGs. (since Full Tilt had a dozen software updates last week)

Polar_Bears
08-03-2010, 08:47 PM
So as stated before:

either you close the SNG windows too early (and close the Full Tilt client) before Full Tilt could write the FINAL info to the summary file, or it's a Full Tilt client issue. Does it still happen for RECENT SNGs. (since Full Tilt had a dozen software updates last week)

When you say "recent sng's" do you mean specifically 6-9 players sng's? If so, the top one here is one under incomplete:
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/Polar_Bears/sngincomplete.jpg

Tournament summary: (I am XXXHeroXXX)

Full Tilt Poker Tournament Summary Step 4 (Super Turbo) (175764192) Hold'em No Limit
Buy-In: $72 + $3
Buy-In Chips: 300
9 Entries
Total Prize Pool: $651.40
Top 2 finishers receive Step 5 Ticket
Tournament started: 2010/08/01 14:30:20 ET
Tournament is still in progress

Still Playing - ash4simone
Still Playing - XXXHeroXXX
Still Playing - PoutsoKefalos
Still Playing - Chucker10
Still Playing - optilux123
Still Playing - Go on Git
Still Playing - bodybart
Still Playing - FOLD YOU MUST
9: ChiefRon17

OK...so now that you are mentioning things the way you are, I am pretty certain this is user error. There is plenty of times where I see that I am drawing dead on the flop and just go ahead and close the table before the hand is complete. I am almost certain I am probably responsible for most of these now that you explained it to me about the tables closing prematurely.

So now the user has been educated, but how to we fix the current problem of having 204 incomplete games? I did email support at FT like you asked me to, and asked them to send me ALL of my hand histories and tournament summaries.

I am assuming the direction you were headed with that is to wait for FT's response, and then re-import everything they send me back in to my database? Their tournament summaries would be complete so it would fill in all the missing info that is causing these to be marked incomplete by HEM. Is it safe to assume that is where we are going with all this?

If you import tourney summaries that have already done once before, I assume the software is smart enough to see it as a duplicate and not re-add it again to the DB right? Only if the tournament summary has additional info than the original summary, only then it gets updated correct?

Thanks for your help with everything!

The Minder
08-03-2010, 08:51 PM
@ Bear

I gotta agree with Patvs. The huge number of tournies with '0' as the finish position is just not right. It feels like the tourney lobby is being slammed and not getting a chance to write summary info, even if the summary info is incorrect.

Edit: I just noticed this is a Steps. Patvs, does HM support FTP Steps yet?

Polar_Bears
08-03-2010, 09:07 PM
I "tilt" close a lot of windows prematurely. I really can't help but think this is the cause of it. 200 games sounds like a lot though, and when I compare it to the completed column though, there is 1014 games completed, 207 incomplete, for a total of 1221 games, and that's 16% of my games I would be tilt closing if I was sincerely the culprit.

207 sounds like a lot, but I do put in some pretty high volume, so it's possible. I guess the only way of telling is for me to stop doing it, and see what happens in a week, unless support comes up with a better idea.

TheEdzyProjekt
08-04-2010, 02:30 PM
OMG my thread has been hijacked. LoL jk. Ok I emailed FTP and they sent my HH's into 3 rar files. Now what do I do? I downloaded a rar file extractor. I tried using it and it made 3 separate notepad files, is this correct? or were they suppose to combine into one notepad file? Also I tried one of the notepad files that got split into 3 and it said not responding so I am wondering if I did it right? What should I do now that I have the HH's.

Polar_Bears
08-04-2010, 02:32 PM
OMG my thread has been hijacked. LoL jk. Ok I emailed FTP and they sent my HH's into 3 rar files. Now what do I do? I downloaded a rar file extractor. I tried using it and it made 3 separate notepad files, is this correct? or were they suppose to combine into one notepad file? Also I tried one of the notepad files that got split into 3 and it said not responding so I am wondering if I did it right? What should I do now that I have the HH's.

+1...same deal, I just got the same files, same questions....

The Minder
08-04-2010, 08:08 PM
The RAR files should not have to be combined... I did this a long time ago and each RAR file was a separate 'batch' of hands.

If all has worked out as it should have, these files will contain lots of individual hand histories in text format... ie, not as an excel spreadsheet etc. You need to un-RAR them and save all three files in UTF format to your desktop. Then, fire up HM, select manual import from files and point HM at the files on your desktop.

Whir, click buzz and your db should be updated.

Polar_Bears
08-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Well the hand histories are in separate .rar's in like 8 parts they sent it to me. But the tournament summaries are in excel:

"Unfortunately we won't be able to provide you with the detailed tournament summaries. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding in this case."

Doesn't that defeat everything?

TheEdzyProjekt
08-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Ok, so I just tried importing the first rar file they sent me which unrar'd into a notepad file. I clicked on import from folder, I assume that is manual importing? Now after 10 minutes it says "5 of 39 large files have been processed" Is that what happens, and I take it I will be here for awhile waiting?

The Minder
08-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Well the hand histories are in separate .rar's in like 8 parts they sent it to me. But the tournament summaries are in excel:

"Unfortunately we won't be able to provide you with the detailed tournament summaries. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding in this case."

Pretty much. Sorry m8.

The Minder
08-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Ok, so I just tried importing the first rar file they sent me which unrar'd into a notepad file. I clicked on import from folder, I assume that is manual importing? Now after 10 minutes it says "5 of 39 large files have been processed" Is that what happens, and I take it I will be here for awhile waiting?

That should have been 'import from file' not folder and should go quickly. These are supposed to be 9-man STTs right?... or are they 9-max MTTs???

TheEdzyProjekt
08-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Ok, so it finally finished and said it imported but I still have the same amount of tournaments as i did before. What is going on? It's 9man SNG's. So I select the top option, "import file"?

Patvs
08-04-2010, 09:55 PM
e complete so it would fill in all the missing info that is causing these to be marked incomplete by HEM. Is it safe to assume that is where we are going with all this?

If you import tourney summaries that have already done once before, I assume the software is smart enough to see it as a duplicate and not re-add it again to the DB right?

Yes that is where we're going with this.
However HoldemManager is pretty stupid... it won't re-add it if it's duplicate..
but it won't always properly update the summary, so I suggest to reimport what FT sent you into a NEW database.

--> if you then still have incomplete results-->
pick ANY incomplete tourney--> and find the hands for the tourney in the extracted .RAR files.

Most likely it's a STEP tourney causing problems.

TheEdzyProjekt
08-04-2010, 10:11 PM
I selected "import file" and it's doing the same thing as "import folder". I have the files FTP sent me and I extracted them. They are now notepad files. What do I do now? The are all 9man SNG's no steps or anything like that. I just want to load my HH's in them.

The Minder
08-04-2010, 10:57 PM
I selected "import file" and it's doing the same thing as "import folder". I have the files FTP sent me and I extracted them. They are now notepad files. What do I do now? The are all 9man SNG's no steps or anything like that. I just want to load my HH's in them.

It's not the same thing at all.

I think you need to start a new db and re-import all these hands. Better still, I think someone from HM needs to do a teamviewer session with you because FTP is the easiest site to build a db from but there's obviously something wrong on your end.

TheEdzyProjekt
08-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Do I have to delete my old database before I make a new one?

The Minder
08-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Do I have to delete my old database before I make a new one?
no no no. Just create a new db, reimport all your hands and take it from there. Your old db will still be around if needed.

TheEdzyProjekt
08-04-2010, 11:35 PM
I created a new database. Says I have no files in there which is correct. Now I went to "import file" and selected the notepad file I unrar'd from FTP. It now says "1 or 39 parts of large files have been processed" now it's up to 2 of 39. Same thing as it did before. I will wait again for this to finish and see if it works. Will probably take another 30 minutes.

EDIT: It's been like 30 minutes now and says "20 of 39 large files have been processed", this is horse shit. I am gonna leave it for now. Hopefully I can get a team viewer session with someone soon.

netsrak
08-05-2010, 03:45 AM
Please send us the files with link to this thread and explanation. We will test them and if necessary we can arrange a teamviewer session
support@holdemmanager.com

TheEdzyProjekt
08-05-2010, 04:25 AM
Please send us the files with link to this thread and explanation. We will test them and if necessary we can arrange a teamviewer session
support@holdemmanager.com

I have sent the 3 files FTP sent me and linked the thread in the email. The subject is "Unfinished Tournaments" which is the name of this thread.

Polar_Bears
08-05-2010, 04:38 PM

Can I get someone from support to pay attention here please, because there is "two" of us in the thread with the same problem. This is where I am...

netsrak
08-06-2010, 03:33 AM
So FTP support can't send you the summaries?

Then the only way is to edit the tourneys manually in the dataview.

Polar_Bears
08-06-2010, 03:37 PM
So FTP support can't send you the summaries?

Then the only way is to edit the tourneys manually in the dataview.

No they can't. I am also not sure why you all are so surprised by this, "ANY" time in the past I have ever asked for tournamant summaries in the past from FT, they have ALWAYS come in excel spreadsheet format, and it's been that way for years with them. Why would you sound surprised if that is the case??

Here is the second response after telling them I need detailed tournament summaries:

As stated to you in the previous correspondence, unfortunately we won't be able to provide you with the detailed tournament summaries. We are sorry that we can't fully assist you with your request and we appreciate your understanding.

So if I have known this from all my time using PT prior to me switching over to HEM, why all of the sudden is it a surprise to you??

If it has been this way for some time with FT, why hasn't there been a way to extract this info from excel spreadsheets by now??

netsrak
08-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Because usually there is no need for us to import this files, normally the summary is written when you quit a tourney.

Please mail us the hands and excel sheets for some sample tourneys and we will have a look at it. Please add a link to this thread and an explanation: support@holdemmanager.com