PDA

View Full Version : any recommendations for default edge for stars 18 man turbos?

LirvA
08-02-2010, 08:11 AM
I have been reading up lately on the edge and I believe I need to take the time to set up a good default edge and use it at all times, instead of adjusting it manually for each hand I analyze which is what I've been doing.

I'm not sure how good the average default edge is for these turbos, I kind of think they're a bit too conservative as you need to be aggressive in these because the blinds rise so fast. But the given aggressive default edge just looks too aggressive. There are definitely times when you can and should pass up small edges, I'm just not sure where I should set the custom default edges.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

SitNGo Wizard
08-02-2010, 08:30 AM
I think you are on the right track. Set up a custom edge that is half-way between the average and aggressive models.

LirvA
08-02-2010, 11:14 AM
yeah after some thought, I think it's probably best to keep it pretty close to where it was on the average default but just lower everything a little bit.

will changing it to a custom default change the default cEV as well?

LirvA
08-02-2010, 11:25 AM
i do have one more question but it's not related to this topic, hope it's ok though.

In the introduction to SNG wiz video on your site, where it's talking about the game charts, it talks about the diff% chart but it also talks about a hero push range chart, but I haven't found this.

Is this chart not available in the HEM integration?

Edit: wait is this the same as opponent hand range vs hero hand range?

SitNGo Wizard
08-02-2010, 01:54 PM
The charts are available in both versions. Click on the combo box in the toolbar at the top to select a different chart.

LirvA
08-02-2010, 02:21 PM
ty