PDA

View Full Version : Need help restoring database

osiris873
10-21-2008, 06:22 AM
Hi, My computer recently crashed, and as a result I needed to get a new hard drive. Fortunately I still have access to most of the stuff on my old hard drive, however Windows does not work on it.

I've re-installed Holdem Manager on my new hard drive, Is there a way I can get the database off my old hard drive and copy it to my new hard drive? I'm having trouble finding where the database is actually stored, and when I tried searching I only found instructions on how to backup the database, however I can't do this as windows no longer works on that hard drive.

Thanks for the help

fabio
10-21-2008, 06:42 AM
1. copy over the data folder to the new hard drive. you can find it in
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data.
2. create all the folders, so on your new drive the data folder will be in the exact same location
3. run the postgresql installer, but untick "Initialize Database cluster"
4. Start HM, the Database Control Panel will popup, click on connect. It will say that a connection to the postgresql service could not be made and HM asks if it should retry it.
5. Click yes, and everything should work :)

If you need help, just let me know

osiris873
10-21-2008, 07:28 AM
I did everything you said, however I get an error message saying "The database structure has been updated in this new version. You will need to create a new database"

I'm pretty sure I had updated to the latest version before my computer crashed, but I could be wrong.

fabio
10-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Yes, you should check the exact version you were using on your old computer and use that on your new one

osiris873
10-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Is there somewhere I can find the file version without actually opening the program? I've noticed I had downloaded the latest version update, not sure If I installed it but

morny
10-21-2008, 08:06 PM
No youll need to run it to check the version