PDA

View Full Version : hm1: serious problems

gannicus1
10-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Hello,

i have a serious problem with hm1, when i play at multiple tables (like 2-4 tables).

it occurs every 1 - 2 hours: the hand counter freezes on some tables, and the huds of all players
on those tables then stay the same. when i restart hm1, holdem manager detects a new file, imports data from it into the postgres data base, and everything is fine again for a while until the problem occurs
again. the annoying thing is it occurs pretty irregular. that means, when i play on
e.g. 2 tourney tables and on 2 cash game tables, it can be that hm is working on 2 tables
and on 2 tables not. or it can work on 3 tables and on 1 table not.
i have to look at each table manually if the hand counter increases or not. it is pretty
exhausting.

my system has windows xp professional, service pack 3. it has a zone alarm firewall and
a antivir programm from avira. i have the latest version of hm1 which is 1.12.11 Internal.
i tested hm1 with postrges 8.3 and with 8.2 several times.
however, regardless of the data base version, the problem still occurred, even at the beginning (shortly after installation). what can be done to solve this issue?

Patvs
10-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Uninstall ZoneAlarm and reboot.

On which pokersite are you playing?

gannicus1
10-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Uninstall ZoneAlarm and reboot.

On which pokersite are you playing?

i am playing on pokerstars. why should i uninstall zonealarm? i have granted all needed rights, so there shouldn't be any problem with it. i looked into the logs of zone alarm. there wasn't reported problem concerning hm.

gannicus1
10-25-2012, 04:19 PM
i am playing on pokerstars. why should i uninstall zonealarm? i have granted all needed rights, so there shouldn't be any problem with it. i looked into the logs of zone alarm. there wasn't reported problem concerning hm.

another example how irregular and unreliable the whole thing is: i am playing a mtt till now, and everything was and is fine till now for it- as it has to be. however, i entered addionally a turbo tourney about 15 minutes ago, and guess what, hm havent noticed it yet that i am playing it because it does not show any huds on that table. as i said, for the other tourney that i started first, hm is working fine. how can this be that the second tourney is still unnonticed?? so confusing.

gannicus1
10-25-2012, 04:35 PM
another example how irregular and unreliable the whole thing is: i am playing a mtt till now, and everything was and is fine till now for it- as it has to be. however, i entered addionally a turbo tourney about 15 minutes ago, and guess what, hm havent noticed it yet that i am playing it because it does not show any huds on that table. as i said, for the other tourney that i started first, hm is working fine. how can this be that the second tourney is still unnonticed?? so confusing.

ok i have to add something important that i just noticed right now: hm started to show the huds for the turbo tourney (my second tourney) about 1 or 2 minutes ago. it shows that i have played about 24 hands, and increases the hands counter correctly. i now remember one likewise case when i played several cash games about 1 week or so ago. i noticed that for 1 table the hand counter did not increase, but for the others hm still did work fine. i was a kinda frustrated and did not want to restart hm. about 20 to 30 minutes later, i noticed that the hand counter on the problem table did start to work again as it has to be.
there must be some kind of delay for some table sometimes.

Patvs
10-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Are there handhistory files 'stuck' in your auto import folders?
Check all the folders, if there are files manually move them to the archive folder.

And I'd still uninstall ZoneAlarm and reboot. Turn on Windows Firewall, set exception to holdemmanager.exe. ZoneAlarm is notorious for ignoring exceptions.

gannicus1
10-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Are there handhistory files 'stuck' in your auto import folders?
Check all the folders, if there are files manually move them to the archive folder.

And I'd still uninstall ZoneAlarm and reboot. Turn on Windows Firewall, set exception to holdemmanager.exe. ZoneAlarm is notorious for ignoring exceptions.

My current import folders are defined as:

C:\Programme\HH1\stars_username
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Computer_username\Anwendungsdaten\HE M Data\Hands (archive disabled)

[i checked both folders: they are both empty]

Patvs
10-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Try uninstalling ZoneAlarm.