PDA

View Full Version : Street by stree HUD stop working

NachoAce
10-24-2012, 03:15 PM
This is the same problem as 1 year ago.
Street by street hud works for a while (maybe 1 hour, maybe 2 hours, maybe 15 min), and suddenly it stop working.
I´m using 2.0.0.7318
PokerStars - ZOOM AND/OR STANDARD TABLES AND/OR tourneys

Windows 7 64 bits, tables in original size, 4 gb RAM, intel core QUAD.

I must restart my PC and it start working again.

Are you going to solve this problem? Please tell me. If the answer is NO, I could try PT4.

Thanks

Patvs
10-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

NachoAce
10-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Both programs run as administrator.
I´m using AVG internet security 2012. All exceptions are included.
Windows is fully updated.
User account control is turned off.

It works, but suddenly it stop working.
I play 6 to 8 ZOOM tables, or sometimes something like 14 normal tables...
Thanks.-

Patvs
10-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Did you turn on the Windows AERO interface: How to Turn On and Enable Aero in Windows 7 (Enable Aero Peek) « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-turn-on-and-enable-aero-in-windows-7-enable-aero-peek/)

Do you stack or cascade any of the tables?

NachoAce
10-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Yes, I turned it on.
I ran the wizard and everything is OK.
I play in cascade.

Thanks

Patvs
10-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Also update your videocard driver to the latest Nvidia/AMD Catalyst beta update.

NachoAce
10-26-2012, 10:31 AM
OK, I did it today.
Yesterday, I played for 3.5 hours, and then suddenly it stop working. I had to close my windows session and opened it again.

Can you make it work as Table Ninja? (without the chat)

When it stop working, sometimes I have to click "stop HUD" and "start HUD" and it works again. But most of the time I have to restart my computer.

DogNamedBluff
10-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Please reproduce the issue and send your log.txt file to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread. -

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support %3F

Thank you.

tacohead75
10-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Any updates about this?

I've had the same problem ever since updating to 7318. Running smoothly on previous versions. It doesn't take many hours here though, more like 15-60 minutes. No cpu, memory or disk overload, it just doesn't wanna do the street shift anymore after a while.

Patvs
10-29-2012, 02:26 PM
When the street by street HUD stops working: Please send your log.txt file to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread. -

tacohead75
11-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Hey, sent the file 2 says ago. Am I supposed to get a mail received message or something? Heard nothing yet.

sideshow
11-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Hi,

Please PM me your email address and i will look up the email, and make sure it didn't get sent to our spam folder.

Thanks

fozzy71
11-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Hey, sent the file 2 says ago. Am I supposed to get a mail received message or something? Heard nothing yet.

It seems we are having problems receiving your emails in our support channel.

Please update to 7599 - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/351081-full-tilt-poker-early-beta-release-sng-tourney-players.html

If you continue to have problems, please let us know and we will have someone schedule a remote support session with you via PM or personal email.

NachoAce
11-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi fozzy, I´m using ver 7591 and I still have the problem.
Sarek saw it (via PM), and I sent him some LOGs and Hand History.
The problem still occurs. I´m waiting for the response from the developers...

Another thing, when I´m moved from 1 table to another (in MTTs), sometimes stop working.
And when I play only cash games, without ZOOM tables or MTTs, it usually works fine.

Thanks

Nacho

P.S.: I was a developer, and I suggested Sarek to use the same method as TableNinja (reading pixels). Maybe it uses less resources and doesn´t have the chat problems.

fozzy71
11-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi fozzy, I´m using ver 7591 and I still have the problem.
Sarek saw it (via PM), and I sent him some LOGs and Hand History.
The problem still occurs. I´m waiting for the response from the developers...

Another thing, when I´m moved from 1 table to another (in MTTs), sometimes stop working.
And when I play only cash games, without ZOOM tables or MTTs, it usually works fine.

Thanks

Nacho

I have forwarded your comments to Sarek so he can try to help you resolve them. One thing to note:

Street by street reads the information from the chat window. If you switch from the chat window to the notes window for example the street by street will stop functioning until you switch it back at which point it should work again

You need to make sure the tables are near default size and that no HUDs or anything else is blocking any part of the chat.

P.S.: I was a developer, and I suggested Sarek to use the same method as TableNinja (reading pixels). Maybe it uses less resources and doesn´t have the chat problems.

We are discussing possible alternatives internally but I can't comment on if/when we might make any changes to the current functionality.

tacohead75
11-20-2012, 04:58 PM
I upgraded to 7599 today and haven't had any problems! only had 3 sessions so far tho.

NachoAce
11-20-2012, 05:01 PM
OK, Thanks