PDA

View Full Version : steal limped pot stat

jj12
07-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Hi,

I'd like to have the Report Stat: "Steal Limped Pot" added to the stats selectable in the HUD. It is currently available in reports, but unavailable in the HUD. It is an extremely useful stat showing how often someone is abusing limpers. It'd be great to have it on the HUD and given that its available in Reports it shouldn't be too difficult.

Thanks

netsrak
08-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Unfortunately the Hud and the reports use a different set of stats.

This are the available Hud stats FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Stat Definitions (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/95/Stat+Definitions)

Please use our suggestions area to suggest other stats.

jj12
08-01-2010, 07:54 AM
How hard is it to add a stat that is already in Reports to the HUD? Presently I have to check this while playing by selecting the opponent in the Reports Tab. I play $3/6+ NL professionally and I can guarantee you that this is a stat that will be enjoyed by most serious players. I am surprised it hasn't been added yet. It seems to me that serious players don't spend time pushing suggestions up etc, but rather grind and review hands.

jj12
08-01-2010, 08:07 AM
There is already a HUD stat "steal limped pot" which is apparently different from the HEM stat "steal limped pot". I can guarantee you that the Reports version of the stat is a ton more useful. Having two stats with the same name is confusing. There was already a thread here: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-general/2195-steal-limped-pot-stat.html , where people said that they thought the stat means how often the player is attacking limpers.

The argument that the Reports version of the stat is more useful is very simple: 6max sees very few flops; attacking limpers is a big part of pro player's strategies and there are a lot of squeeze situations where someone attacks limpers and someone reraises. The situation where a pot gets limped and a player bets happens very rarely. I would consider the HUD version of the stat almost useless. It would take probably get 10's of thousands of hands to get a good sample size the way six max games are playing. And who cares for a stat that describes behavior in a very rare situation. I think getting this through the suggestions is not very reasonable, because the most valuable opinion would be the one of MSNL+ players and they prob don't participate. If you want I can create a thread in the MSNL forum with a poll about this. I guarantee you the vast majority of players will have the same opinion as me.

B-Money
08-02-2010, 03:08 PM
JJ12,

I've researched the two stats and basically came to your conclusion.

Confusing being called the same thing.
I'll push to get the report version of the stat (Preflop) added to the HUD stats.

Thanks,
-B

Raventhon
09-30-2010, 02:31 PM
JJ12,

I've researched the two stats and basically came to your conclusion.

Confusing being called the same thing.
I'll push to get the report version of the stat (Preflop) added to the HUD stats.

Thanks,
-B

Any update on this, B$? This stat would be fantastically useful.

Raventhon
09-30-2010, 04:51 PM
**** PM reply from B$ ******

Hi,

Thanks for your patience. I do not have an update on this right now. I just checked the bug log and it's in queue, just not assigned to a developer yet. It's pasted below. Developers are busy with other projects but it's not forgotten.
Created Date
Aug 2, 2010 02:10 PM
Subject : Steal Limped Pot
A bit of a feature request but also some confusion with stats being called the same thing but being different stats.

1. Different stat being the same name is confusing customers.
2. Can we add the Report "Steal Limped Pot" to the HUD stats?
3. Optimally we can add the Suffix "postflop" to the current Steal Limped Pot HUD stat to avoid confusion?

Thanks,
-B