PDA

View Full Version : HM sometimes does not show auto-imported hands

HjP75
07-31-2010, 08:38 PM
I play tournaments and auto-import hands while playing. For some players, the auto-imported hands are not shown (see snapshots below). It might be, that this only happens when I quit and restart Pokerstars while auto-importing.

In the first Snapshot I am changing to the player 'viejoperro44'. For this player there are 36 hands available. Before, player 'lunatrick' was loaded with 13 hands. After I loaded 'viejoperro44' (second snapshot), no hand is displayed, and at the bottom there is still standing "13 hands".

I use Hold'em Manager Small Stakes 1.11.03 and Windows 7 64 bit. (But I experienced the bug in an earlier version of HM, too.)

netsrak
08-01-2010, 06:18 AM
If you close the Stars client while playing you will loose hands.

Screenshot 1: the 13 hands at the bottom is just an information message. I think its just a small bug that it is not deleted when there are no hands for the new player.
The Select player window has 36 hands for the player - this can be cash game hands, purged hands or whatever. So this doesn't mean that you should see 36 hands in the tourney hands view for this player.

HjP75
08-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Those 36 hands are tourney hands for sure. I was playing a tourney with this player for some time and at some point of time during that tourney, I wanted to look up his last hands.

_Loki_
08-01-2010, 09:33 AM
###
Can I just check something ?

While you are auto-importing & playing poker...
you select a different 'hero' using the 'change' button ?

###

HjP75
08-01-2010, 09:39 AM
While I am auto-importing and playing poker I select a different 'player' using the 'change' button. I think the hero is defined by "Options/Player Aliases..".

fozzy71
08-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Search for those same players on the Tourneys > Hands tab, or the Reports tab, instead of the Results > Dataview tab. I think you will find the hands there. They will not show up under dataview if those hands arent from a completed game with results data. The hands are in the DB but there is no 'dataview'. Dataview is for analyzing results in general, not hands.

HjP75
08-01-2010, 10:55 PM
You are right: I found the hands in the Tourneys > Hands tab and in the Reports tab.
However, in those tab's the hands are not grouped by tournament as they are in the Results tab.
I regularly look up players in the Results Tab while playing and normally this works fine. Only on rare occasions I get those empty lists. Thus, I still believe there's a bug. Since the Results tab has the advantage of grouping the hands by tournament I would appreciate a fix.

netsrak
08-02-2010, 03:40 AM
Usually on Stars this means that the results for this tourney are missing.

Did you request and import them?

HjP75
08-02-2010, 07:42 AM
No, as I wrote, I was auto-importing. I looked up the player viejoperro44 while playing the tournament and received an empty list. After some more hands I looked him up again, and still received an empty list.

fozzy71
08-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Request and import your summaries, but wait until AFTER we release 1.11.04 which has lots of tourney results fixes for stars.

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Summaries.

They will send you an email with links to zip files of your hand histories. Download all the zip files. Right-Click > Extract the contents of each zip file to a new folder. HM > Import From Folder for all of the unzipped hands.

The tournament summaries should be attached to the email as .htm files. Download the attachments. HM > Import File(s) for all of those files. It will probably ask you to search/select your Pokerstars screen name. If the files are sent as .html you will need to rename them (Right-Click > Rename) from .html to .htm extensions.

Then later, you want to import the summaries on a regular basis:

Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import Emailed Hand Histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+)

HjP75
08-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Thank you for these instructions. However, I need access to the hands of a tourney while playing that tourney. When the tourney is finished, I'm no longer interested in those hands. (As I wrote, I look up players while playing a tournament in order to make the right decisions.)
Usually it is no problem to look up players while playing a tournament; only in rare occasions I receive an empty list.

_Loki_
08-02-2010, 05:54 PM
###
Can I just check something ?

While you are auto-importing & playing poker...
you select a different 'hero' using the 'change' button ?

###

Isn't this the root of the trouble ?
I didn't think you could change 'player' while auto-importing ?

Obviously I'm missing/misunderstanding something...

###

HjP75
08-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Isn't this the root of the trouble ?
I didn't think you could change 'player' while auto-importing ?

Obviously I'm missing/misunderstanding something...

###

Why do you think I cannot change 'player' while auto-importing? I do this all the time and it works fine (at least most of the time).
What do you do if you have to make a decision during a tournament and want to know how your opponent has played before?

_Loki_
08-05-2010, 08:57 AM
###
I'm mainly cash, but I use this & it's deep enough for my purposes:

>> FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Active Player Detail Window (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/122/Active+Player+Detail+Window)

I have no need to change the 'hero' from my own SN

The reason I didn't think it was the thing to do is I would have thought you would get hefty lag if he's played many hands in your DB. I have 1000's of hands on some players, but I note you are only interested in how he's playing in the current tournament - right ?

But there you go ~ I learn something new every day :)

###

HjP75
08-07-2010, 07:24 AM
@ Loki:
Yes, I am only interested in how my opponent is playing in the current tournament. Since the way of playing usually depends significantly on the type and phase of a tourney and whether or not one is short-stacked, the information of how the opponent played in other tournaments is not that useful.

@ the developers:
As I wrote in my original post, if I change to the player 'viejoperro44', no hand is displayed and at the bottom there is still standing "13 hands", which where the number of hands loaded before for the player 'lunatrick'. Now, if I change the number of the hands to show, e.g., from "Last 100" to "All", then the hands of the player 'lunatrick' are shown despite the fact that player 'viejoperro44' is loaded.

netsrak
08-07-2010, 07:50 AM
After recapping the whole thread i think i understand your problem now:

While you are playing a tourney you check the hands for some players in the tourney->results->dataview.
And sometimes the hands for a player are not visible or displayed for the wrong player.
I'll generate a bug report for this but i think our developers will have a hard time to reproduce it.

HjP75
08-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Yes, that's exactly my problem.
I'm willing to provide my database, if you cannot reproduce it.

HjP75
08-25-2010, 01:30 PM
The bug is still there and it is annoying. It occurs if I close and restart Pokerstars while auto-importing.
Again: I am willing to provide my database in order to make it easier for you to fix the bug.

fozzy71
08-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Backup the database (File > Backup & Restore...), upload it to a free file hosting site, and send us a download link to support@holdemmanager.com. Make sure you also include a link to this thread so we know what it is in reference to.

HjP75
11-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Since the bug is still not fixed in the latest version 1.11.05a I no longer use Tourney->Results->Data View but Tourney->Hands to look up previous hands.
The problem is: I only want to see the previous hands of the current tourney(s) and not the hands of old tourneys.
For this reason, could you please add a hand view coloumn "tournament number" or, even better, allow to filter for time and date so that it is possible to only have displayed the hands of, e.g., the last 12 hours?

netsrak
11-02-2010, 01:09 PM
This is not an available feature at the moment. Please suggest it or vote for it in our suggestions area: Suggestions Forums - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/suggestions-forums/)