PDA

View Full Version : 10-seat and 8-seat running at the same time

NoWuckingFurries
07-31-2010, 05:40 PM
What do you do when you have a 10-seat table and an 8-seat table running at the same time, please?

If I move the HUD components on one table it also moves them on the other.

_Loki_
07-31-2010, 10:01 PM
###
I assume you have set up preferred seating correctly in HM & FTP for 10 & 8 seat, but here's the FAQ anyway:
>> FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Setup Auto Center Preferred Seating for Full Tilt (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/366/Setup+Auto+Center+Preferred+Seating+for+Full+Tilt)

###
I'm not sure this will work, but try it - since your 10-seat table seems to be arranged correctly:

** Open only one 8-seat table (no other tables at all open)
** play a few hands until auto-centre spins the HUD
** arrange the HUD components
** left-click, right-click on the HM icon in the Windows task bar system tray
** in the drop down menu left-click on 'save positions'
** HM should now remember your 8-seat HUD layout without effecting your 10-seat layout

###

NoWuckingFurries
07-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Cheers, I'll give that a try :)

_Loki_
07-31-2010, 10:04 PM
###
just noticed there's no auto-centre 8-seat FTP site option in HM & remembered this thread from a couple of weeks ago - so I'm having my doubts...

>> http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-bugs/33409-ftp-mucked-hands-keep-moving-back-wrong-position.html

###

The Minder
07-31-2010, 10:48 PM
What's the name of the HUD profile you use for these tables?

NoWuckingFurries
08-01-2010, 07:55 AM
What's the name of the HUD profile you use for these tables?rtourn

_Loki_
08-01-2010, 09:30 AM
###
It didn't work ?

###

NoWuckingFurries
08-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I only play one 8-handed FT tourney a day and it's on in about 7 hours, but I will confirm either way, thanks. :)

The Minder
08-01-2010, 11:21 AM
rtourn
I think your best option is to clone the rtourn profile and give the copy a new name, like rtourn10. Then:

~ enter a a 10man tourney (I'm guessing this is for tournies).
~ when table manager finds the table, wait a hand or two and then make sure the tourn10 profile is selected.
~ when you're happy with where the HUD elements are, save the profile settings.
~ win the tourney and have a beer.

AFTER that tournie has finished, enter an 8 seat tournie and repeat the above steps except this time make sure the profile is rtourn.

The same deal applies if you're playing cash games. Work on one profile first and then work on the second. I've had huge problems in the past trying to work on two profiles at the same time.

NoWuckingFurries
08-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks, I keep forgetting what a sophisticated piece of kit this is, can't expect everything to be finely tuned by day 2 :p

I'll give that a try, thanks again.

The Minder
08-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks, I keep forgetting what a sophisticated piece of kit this is, can't expect everything to be finely tuned by day 2 :p

I'll give that a try, thanks again.
no wucking furries m8 :D

NoWuckingFurries
08-01-2010, 03:30 PM
I have hit a slight technical hitch with that idea, in that when I play a 9-player SNG and the number of players drops it changes to the other layout that I have set up for 8 player tables.

Can I stop it from automatically changing as the number of players reduces, and force it to stay on the initial HUD layout?

The Minder
08-01-2010, 11:47 PM
So, you play 8-max, 9-max and 10-max tournies?

Would the 10-max be 'double or nothing' by any chance?

When you are sitting at a table, bring up HEM's Table Manager. Right Click once on the table name and then you can select the number of seats at the table... don't select a number based on the number of bums on seats, just the number of seats.

NoWuckingFurries
08-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Cheers. I used to play the DONs when PS were giving oodles of FPPs for them, but they have become a lot less generous since then.

Another question: I've looked through the list of HUD stats but I am yet to find anything about the stats that I have in the top middle of my table. In the attached screenshot it shows 16/8 $1,628 and what I assume is the outcome of the last 3 hands. What do the 16/8 and $1,628 refer to, please?

_Loki_
08-02-2010, 07:08 PM
###
It's the results of your last test at 'the clinic' :)
>> FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Overall Table Stats (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/43/Overall+Table+Stats)

###