PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Poker

kenderpl
10-21-2008, 02:17 AM
Hud at AP works fine with one exception, on my p4 3,2 it slows down the system considerably. While my rig is not cutting edge i think it should be more than enough for this kind of applications :) Main culprit seems to be HMImport process. Is there a chance for the code to be improved so it works smoother?

Oh and didn't have such problems at UB.

Mike chops
10-21-2008, 07:56 AM
Are you moving the Absolute imported files after import? Just strange it works well on one site and not another. I'm going to move this to the manager section, since the importing is not part of the HUD.

kenderpl
10-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Yeah am moving the files, even cleared out every HH that was left in import directories. Still HMImport process takes a lot of CPU power when run on Absolute. It's not tragic - still able to play, but it surely feels sluggish :/

morny
10-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Couple of things might cause this, one being your auto import folders scanning the wrong directory like say the c:/ drive or c:/program files and because theres so many files in their which aint HH it means HM has to process a huge amount of files everytime. This is unlikely giving its ok on another site so id say its probably one of your Antiviruses/Firewall/Spyware programs scanning the files each time. You need to either add all the HM and postgreSQL files to the exceptions list or the whole folder where possible and if that dosent work completely uninstalll them and try it and see if you still have the problems.

If it is this you should notice that the auto import progress bar isnt updating regularly because the programs have the files locked while scanning them