PDA

View Full Version : HM stopping imports during sessions

armonica
07-31-2010, 02:08 PM
I am using version 1.11.03 with Windows 7, and HM is frequently stopping imports during sessions and it get stuck.
To restart HM I then have to shut down everything and reboot, this is happening more and more frequently.
I believe it may have something to do with the timeouts so I tried some of the suggestions regarding antivirus + firewall but I don't think I can tamper with the PostgreSQL, I wonder if a teamview session could fix it.

_Loki_
07-31-2010, 08:03 PM
###
Sounds like you've been through the FAQ's & so you will have picked up on UAC & firewall/AV exceptions etc etc...

It could be your import folders are not right or some other things similar

###
Please troubleshoot using this FAQ:
>> FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn%27t+Work)

###
If that doesn't work read the 10 questions at the bottom of the FAQ

*** Post the questions & your answers in this thread

Also...

*** Attach the file mentioned in point 11]

###

armonica
08-01-2010, 08:13 AM
- version 1.11.03
- I am playing on FullTilt, PartyPoker, UB, Titan, Cake, and this problem occurs
on all of them
- I play NLH and PLO
- my auto import folders are configured correctly, in fact when HM is working
I get all the hands I play without a problem, but now is frequently stopping to import hands for no apparent reasons and then is showing the ''timeout occurred'' message at which point a reboot is the only way to restart HM.
- I do not use Table Scanner anymore because that will cause a timeout
almost every time.
- hand history files are written in English
- here attached is the holdemmanager.config file

netsrak
08-02-2010, 03:24 AM
The timeout lets me think this might be a performance problem.

Please try the tips from our FAQ: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Holdem Manager Performance & Speed Tweaks (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/373/Holdem+Manager+Performance+%26+Speed+Tweaks)

Also do a vacuum/full and a reindex via pgadminIII.

If that doesn't help please create a new database for a test and try with this database. Does it work better?

armonica
08-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Yes I think you are right, it probably was a performance problem.
I did some of those tweaks and now it's been running ok for 4 days.
Thank you.