PDA

View Full Version : coinflips and hands dominated

ncabw2000
07-29-2010, 11:08 PM
Is there any way to see how im running on my coin flips and when i have someone dominated?

The Minder
07-29-2010, 11:56 PM
For tourney or cash?

This was requested for tourney some time ago here http://forums.holdemmanager.com/custom-reports/28652-coinflips-can-create-report-sql.html ... but we stopped holding our breath a long time ago.

ncabw2000
07-30-2010, 12:54 AM
for sit n gos so turneys

Polar_Bears
07-30-2010, 06:29 PM
So what there is no way of doing this??

The Minder
07-30-2010, 07:46 PM
So what there is no way of doing this??
At the moment if you use HM, not that I can find.

Polar_Bears
07-31-2010, 04:32 PM
I can't help but wonder if it's purposely designed so we can't access that data.

The Minder
07-31-2010, 09:24 PM
I can't help but wonder if it's purposely designed so we can't access that data.

I would suggest the answer to that is 'no'. I think you have two options.

The first is to wait for decent tourney support to be included in HM. There is a thread about this here http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/26537-calling-all-tournament-regs.html, unfortunately I fear the problem is systemic and not resolvable by the development of a couple of new filters. The current talk is that 1.11.04 will be 'wonderful' for tourney players.

The second option is to swap to PT3 or run PT3 in parallel. The wealth of reports/filters/roll_your_own within PT3 is mind boggling. Remember tho, PT3 also has some limitations.

Polar_Bears
08-01-2010, 11:50 AM
I would suggest the answer to that is 'no'. I think you have two options.

The first is to wait for decent tourney support to be included in HM. There is a thread about this here http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/26537-calling-all-tournament-regs.html, unfortunately I fear the problem is systemic and not resolvable by the development of a couple of new filters. The current talk is that 1.11.04 will be 'wonderful' for tourney players.

The second option is to swap to PT3 or run PT3 in parallel. The wealth of reports/filters/roll_your_own within PT3 is mind boggling. Remember tho, PT3 also has some limitations.

I guess I am a little baffled as to anyone suggesting a competitive product as a solution to anything in their own forums. I noticed you not only posted here for someone to use PT, but you have done the same in other threads on HEM forums. I really don't know what to think about that at all!

Since I made the switch to HEM last year, I have openly criticized and bashed PT every chance I have had in all types of forums, and now someone is suggesting PT might be better after all, right in the HEM forums. Doesn't get much better than that!

Are you actually able to connect HEM and PT to the same DB? It doesn't do any damage to the DB on either side? Can you run both at the same exact time?

I wish I had known how weak HEM is for MTT's "prior" to me switching over and getting all these HEM, and HEM supporting apps licenses.

I am starting to have some pretty serious concerns with HEM and all it's functionality for MTT's. Further, I think it's pretty sad that you can't even tell simple things like how many total hands you have in your own database on yourself. Not only can I not tell something like this about my own database, but I can't even pull up "all" hands in my app without it completely crashing.

I will tell you that HEM is pretty lucky they came up with TableNinja because that would be the only thing keeping me hanging on to them now that I know about all these problems for MTT support in HEM.

I have often made comments in public forums about the stability of HEM vs. PT, and why HEM is soooooooo much better than PT because of it. Actually that is not true at all, and I am starting to find out now that HEM is "just" as unstable as PT, if not more! Not only is HEM unstable, but TN has just as many kinks in it as HEM does!

Maybe it's time a third party vendor finally came along into the mix and put their focus on putting out the best product possible, rather than focusing so much time on what each other is doing and trying to stay ahead the other parties.

Tracking software has become the biggest flaw in our community IMO! I am starting to realize that the only thing that all this is really good for is the HUD! The HUD seems to be the ONLY thing that ever works without any problems. The rest of it is a waste of time! So glad between PT and HEM I have spent hundreds of dollars on licenses "just" to have a working HUD. In fact, I bought all these HEM licenses, although I already had PT licenses, and now have come to find out I probably should of just stayed with PT to begin with!

If you have a problem now a days, there is NO SOLUTION, other than starting all over again! Between TN and HEM, they have yet to fix one major problem I am having with their products! If anything, they have just led me to more confusion, and more problems. I mean have you actually looked some of the troubleshooting steps HEM has provided?!?!? Some of it is so friggin far out there, that I have absolutely no idea how they expect regular folks with no tech background to ever be able to figure anything out! Often they point you to solutions that are more complicated than the problems you are having!

It looks like I am going to have to blow away a three year database and start over because HEM can't fix my problem. Three years of work just going to be completely gone because they can't help me!

Well played HEM....well played!

The Minder
08-02-2010, 12:20 AM
I noticed you not only posted here for someone to use PT, but you have done the same in other threads on HEM forums. I really don't know what to think about that at all!
I'm a poker player with an IT background. I don't work for/with HM or PT3 and have no allegiances to either product. I simply call it as I see it. I have no hesitation identifying PT3 shortcomings in their forum and telling them where HM is superior.

Are you actually able to connect HEM and PT to the same DB?
No, each product has it's own db managed by Postgres. Both HM and PT3 can be run at the same time, but I chose not to. I run PT3 and it's HUD and then at the end of a session I fire up HM as a validation check and to see if HM has been updated to a point where it's actually useful for a tourney player. There are also a couple of 'review' aspects that are easier in HM than in PT3.

I wish I had known how weak HEM is for MTT's "prior" to me switching over and getting all these HEM, and HEM supporting apps licenses.
The additional apps are very useful if you're a cash game players. If you're a tourney player then they can actually be misleading.

Not only is HEM unstable, but TN has just as many kinks in it as HEM does!
I really haven't had any probs with HM crashing, maybe I'm just lucky. Then again, I have never had PT3 crash either.

It looks like I am going to have to blow away a three year database and start over because HEM can't fix my problem. Three years of work just going to be completely gone because they can't help me!
Just to be on the safe side, I would strongly recommend you retain all your original HHs.

On this forum I am HM's biggest critic, but I still use the product. The reason is because between PT3 and HM I believe that HM has the greater potential to better service the needs of cash and tourney players. The HUD is a minor player, the real strength lies in what each program can tell me about how I play poker. At the moment, HM can't even spell 'tournament' and never will unless the developers stop running around like chicken little every time some trivial aspect of cash game play breaks.

Polar_Bears
08-04-2010, 01:02 AM

What makes you think PT can figure out coin flips versus HEM? It is posted right on PT's forum on July 30, 2010 that this isn't possible. PokerTracker • View topic - Making a report on races (http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=29955&p=145587&hilit=races#p145587)

Polar_Bears
08-04-2010, 01:03 AM
I can't figure out for the life of me between the two apps how to make it work

The Minder
08-04-2010, 02:02 AM
I can't figure out for the life of me between the two apps how to make it work
Check your PM. Gl m8.