PDA

View Full Version : Omaha Manager not working

bj03sm
07-28-2010, 04:18 PM
I had a virus on my computer yesterday and downloaded some software to get rid of the virus. Once the virus was gone I tried to play on Pokerstars and started Omaha Manger and the stats would not display. I then went and tried to stop import and it just keeps saying stopping, but does nothing. I turn off my computer and turned it back on and it was still importing and when I would hit stop it would do the same thing. I am not sure where to begin to try and fix this without messing up my database.

_Loki_
07-28-2010, 05:40 PM
###
Does pgAdmin III open ?
Do you have any HM or poker client notes ?
Do you have your raw HH's in HMArchive or backed up somewhere ?

###
Just my opinion, but my approach would be to reformat my PC & reinstall all programs & data because...

1] After being detected & 'removed' some malware can reinstall themselves

2] The process of removing a virus can damage your other programs & you might not pick up on the damage for a long time

###
If a reformat is not an option I think you should first double-check the status of the virus so have your AV s/ware rescan your computer & also accept that you should re-install HM/postgreSQL. However see point 2] above

1] Run your virus-scanner again
2] Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and update it
3] Install Spy Bot (or similar) & update it
4] Reboot into Safe Mode:
Restart your PC & press F8 before Windows loads. Select Safe Mode from the resulting menu
5] Run your Malware Scanners - Run both the scanners sequentially, deleting any references found

###