PDA

View Full Version : Ongame (Betfair Poker): Wrong HUD configuration shown

mic23
07-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Hi

I have a strange effect with the new Befair Client for the Ongame Network. The initial HUD Configuration is shown although I configured the "Default" one completely different and "use for" is set to "all sites - all games".

This is just on Ongame - PS and FT work well. I have the version 1.11.03.

Any ideas? Thanks.

netsrak
07-29-2010, 05:24 AM
Please try connecting the default Hud to a site you are not playing at.

mic23
07-29-2010, 05:29 AM
How do you mean - connecting to a site I am NOT playing?

netsrak
07-29-2010, 05:36 AM
In the use for tab for the default Hud choose a site you are not playing it and save this setting.

mic23
07-29-2010, 06:04 AM
OK I think you got me wrong here - let me explain in depth:

If you do a clean install of HEM, you get a HUD configuration, what I call the "Initial" HUD config. It's like two lines, VPIP / PFR / ... - 2nd line AgrFactor / ... / Hands.
Now I go to the HUD Configuration and change everything to match my gusto - I have three lines, 3bet and so on. It shows "Default" in the dropdown - so I call this (= my customized) config "Default" configuration, since I didn't rename it to "My Config" or something.
Now I go to the "Use for" tab and select "all sites" since I want this (= my customized) configuration on all sites.

Everything worked fine for like a year now on PS, FTP and Betfair.

Two days ago, betfair moved to the ongame network. Now in the new ongame betfair client, the INITIAL configuration is shown like I never ever customized my HUD after a clean install. On PS and FTP, my CUSTOMIZED ("Default") configuration is shown correctly.
I can change the "use for" to what ever I want, the wrong, the initial HUD is shown in my betfair ongame client.

Thanks,
mic

_Loki_
07-29-2010, 07:55 AM
###
As you know/explained it is not possible to rename the default HUD, but it is possible to change the stats it displays etc

###
So...

You are saying that you have modified the default HUD configuration & you have NOT made a second config
When you go to the config drop-down there is only 'default' listed ?

& yet you can get TWO different HUDs ?

###

_Loki_
07-29-2010, 08:11 AM
###
If I have understood your original post this will not help you, BUT if you have got more than one config in the 'Choose Configuration' dropdown then follow the below - it may well sort you out:

###
It's better to set the default HUD to a site you NEVER play

& then create/name your own configs - this is a good explanation of how to do this:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-general/13955-how-setup-use-multiple-hud-configs-layouts.html

###

mic23
07-29-2010, 08:37 AM
You are saying that you have modified the default HUD configuration & you have NOT made a second config
When you go to the config drop-down there is only 'default' listed ?

& yet you can get TWO different HUDs ?

correct - I get the correct, modified HUD called "Default" for PS and FTP. I have no second configuration - it only says "Default" in the drop down. This HUD is my configuration and has 3 lines.
For betfair on ongame I get a completely different hud - and that one is exactly the one you get when you do a clean install. This HUD has only two lines.

netsrak
07-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Thats strange.
Please close HM and delete the file config\prefs.xml. A new default Hud will be generated for you.

mic23
07-30-2010, 02:44 AM
But how can I save my settings I made on the "Default" config then? It was kind a bit of work to tune everything ;)

netsrak
07-30-2010, 03:55 AM
You can rename the prefs.xml file to save it and rename it later.
But for the test i just want to use the default Hud to see if it works.

You should also export your Hud configuration.

autolobotomist
10-13-2010, 09:27 PM
This has just begun happening to me after upping my number of tables from 10 to 16, but I only play one site, Full Tilt. I never experienced this prior to yesterday and have been running HEM for several months.

Strangely, the HUD seems to work randomly. I will load a set of sngs and some or all of the tables will display the correct HUD, some may display the original HEM configuration. As I play hands and the HUD updates with newly imported hands, tables will change back and forth between my configuration and the imaginary default one. I have even set up my "default" HUD to display the same stats as my "stt" configuration and HEM still displays the original default HUD seemingly randomly. Changing which HUD is displayed on individual tables via the table manager window fixes the issue temporarily, but the table is prone to reverting to the default when it updates after subsequent imports.

I'm going to rename the prefs.xml file and configure only the default HUD (after all I should stay away from cash anyway so why have a configuration for it?), and if that doesn't work I'll uninstall and reinstall . I suspect you advised the threadstarter to export the prefs file in case you want to look at it so I'll make sure to do that as well.

Whether this works or not I thought it should be reported.

autolobotomist
10-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Hmmm. I seem to sort of have 3 prefs.xml files:

"prefs.xml" which Windows identifies as an xml file under file type
"prefs.xml_1.04.13" which Windows ids as a "13 File" under file type
and "prefs.xml_1.05.08" which is a "8 File" under file type

Am I to delete or rename all of these files?

morny
10-13-2010, 10:35 PM
just prefs.xml, ignore the other two

autolobotomist
10-13-2010, 10:35 PM
I don't think it's pertinent but I decided I'd update to the newest version as well and received "The package was unable to replace the following file C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\library.dll"., though the installer says the update was successful.

morny
10-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Please try rebooting and Please install the latest version: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/HmBetaUpdate.exe again, sometimes hm processes dont close properly and the install messes up, so reboot and run the update before you open and other programs

autolobotomist
10-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Will do.

Everything seemed to run smoothly on my first set with the new prefs file and the version update. Well, everything except that I'm still doomswitched, but that's not HEM, it's because I talked about banging Lederer's wife in the chatbox once :D

I'll post if I run into anything further. Thanks.