PDA

View Full Version : 3 bet vs 3 bet all in and same to 4bet+

joaobarb
10-19-2012, 12:22 AM
HM2 is not friendly at all to MTT players.

For example I am trying to filter a simple scenario in which I faced a 3 bet and it's not a all-in 3 bet and I can't.

If I filter to "faced all-in preflop = false" it just means if I am all in and not the villain, it doesn't exclude when a shorter villain 3 bet shoves.

Excluding all in preflop also doesn't work because it would exclude all-ins after a 4 bet.

In general, and specially for MTTs there's a big difference between a 3 bet and a "3 bet all-in", the same goes for 4bet+

fozzy71
10-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Please 'save the current filters to a file' in the upper right corner of the Filters > Advanced Filters window and attach them to the thread so we can test the exact filter combination you are using.

joaobarb
10-19-2012, 07:40 PM
That is irrelevant. I tried many combinations and none of them solves what I'm looking for.

To put it simple what I want is: villain 3 bets, villain is not all-in when he 3 bets

fozzy71
10-20-2012, 03:27 PM
I discussed this with another tech and we decided that the only way to do this is going to be to add some new filters. I will ask our lead stats support tech to take a look at it before it gets assigned to a developer to make sure it is written up properly for this scenario.

HM-5890
Filter Request: Preflop > Could 4Bet, Could 5Bet, Bet was allin

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have implemented them.

joaobarb
10-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the positive interest in the feature.
The trick here is the "bet was all-in" and the filter to detect villain all-ins and not just our all-in.

"Could 4-bet" makes sense, but it only be effective if the software could realise that 4bet wouldn't make sense if villain is all-in even if we have more chips behind, and that would require the first filter.

Now I would like to add to my suggestion the possibility of filtering bet sizes based on stack size, not just in bbs.
For example:
bet size is all-in
bet size is x% to y% of stack size

Last thing, your "effective stack is..."filter doesn't work properly. I didn't map out exactly when it doesn't work, but I have not been able to make it work as I think it would be intended. I'm not sure if it considers all the table always and if we are chip leader uses the 2nd chip stack and does nothing else or if it considers villains involved in the hand.

fozzy71
10-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the positive interest in the feature.
The trick here is the "bet was all-in" and the filter to detect villain all-ins and not just our all-in.

"Could 4-bet" makes sense, but it only be effective if the software could realise that 4bet wouldn't make sense if villain is all-in even if we have more chips behind, and that would require the first filter.

I have added your comments/concerns to the previous ticket I wrote up.

Now I would like to add to my suggestion the possibility of filtering bet sizes based on stack size, not just in bbs.
For example:
bet size is all-in
bet size is x% to y% of stack size

Thank you for the suggestion. We will discuss it over the next couple of days and make a decision on whether to add the requested feature. We would love to add everyone’s suggestions, but we also need to be careful that we do not over complicate the software with too many features. As a result not all of them are implemented. If we do not add your feature on this occasion, we may reconsider it if more people also show support for it.

Last thing, your "effective stack is..."filter doesn't work properly. I didn't map out exactly when it doesn't work, but I have not been able to make it work as I think it would be intended. I'm not sure if it considers all the table always and if we are chip leader uses the 2nd chip stack and does nothing else or if it considers villains involved in the hand.

Effective Stack only considers the stacks of the players involved in the hand. If player A has 50bb and player B has 100bb the Effective Stack is 50bb.