PDA

View Full Version : Hm and computer repeated crashes

busmusen
07-28-2010, 09:00 AM
1 week ago I had a teamviewer session for fixing a registration issue, for that I downloaded a hm version 1.11.03.internal . after that I went back to 1.11.02 cause I wasnt sure how reliable a version named internal was,I dont know if it is the change that has messud up my HM or not but after that the troubles begun. Firewall crashesdhm imported but no hands showed up , computer restarts all the time , Hm restarts or get errormessags . I have tried vacumming,reindexing, looking at the admin rights, exported allhads which took 10 hours plus since my database is huge. Now I amjust scared that the computer will stop function completely.

What can I do tofix this?
I tried toextract only my hands but when I klick *)cashgames*)hands *)al hands (or hands this month or any period of time) nothing happens
And if I create a new database from backup all the hands how do I get rid of the old one? Its around 100 GB I will need to free from my computer for memoryspace

netsrak
07-28-2010, 11:21 AM
this sounds like you have hardware/software problems with your computer.
You should first try to fix this before trying to make HM running again.

busmusen
07-28-2010, 11:36 AM
this sounds like you have hardware/software problems with your computer.
You should first try to fix this before trying to make HM running again.

I doubt it , I had never had any trouble with my computer until immediately after I installed the internal version and played one session with that one when HM crashed midsession. When trying to open HM the computer crashed and after that I installed back to 1.11.02 and recently to 1.11.03 (non-internal version - I have never sen a version of HM before that says internal , what is that?could my used that internal version corrupted the database somehow?)the troubles begun. Starting with Hmrelated error mesages like
".NET-BroadcastEventWindow.2.0.0.0.33c0d9d.0:holdemManag er.exe" an d then just randomly closing the computer always when hm either was running or trying to open up.

If using the backup option and creating a new database, how do I delete the oldone, I dont have room for 2 100gb databases or my computer will be extremely slow?

I tried toextract only my hands but when I klick *)cashgames*)hands *)al hands (or hands this month or any period of time) nothing happens-before the HM crash it has always worked before, why can I not get any hands, is there another way to extracting ONLY my own hands ?

Maybe a stupid questionbut could I also ask if I somehow manages toextract only my playedhands is it riskfree to import themto my laptop version or could the hands corrupt that database as well if we say my current database is corrupt?

busmusen
07-28-2010, 06:48 PM
I also had a crash now when trying to backup HM, had the backup running for some hours while away and come back tosee it not finnished yet though reducing my memory with around 100 GB and while trying to free up some more memory the computer crashed and restarted. The HEMbackup file.hembk is only 2 GB and I reckon not working(havent dared tried to do anything until I get some word from support before this issue gets unsolvable") since ithe backup wasnt finnished but I have 100GB less memory than before the backup, how do I "get it back" ?

And how can the backup create so muchmemory? Usually the backup file is much smaller than the originial databse which in my case is 167 GB, my last one was 7GB

netsrak
07-29-2010, 05:32 AM
The HM internal will not cause any problems with your database or crashes that could cause this.

The backup creates temporary files which will need a lot of space and if this backup crashes this temporary files will not be deleted. You should find them somewhere in the temporary folders.

To help you further i think we need to arrange a teamviewer session to check your system: Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

busmusen
07-31-2010, 05:12 PM
I tried to do a purging of the hands to make my database samller in order to backit up afterwards, however the computer restarted in the middle of the purging and after that I cannot open Hm at all but get error message and restart, and the computer also crashes randomly.

I wonder if it could help to just delete my entire HM database or psql, since it seems it is beyond help fixing anymore? Or do I risk my memory issues get so bad that an attempt to uninstall/delete everything HM related will make my computer crash entirely? And if so how do I best proceed since I am scared the computer will restart in the middle of deleting making the errors even bigger again, if possible, now I am just scared finally the computer will be unaccessable before this is solved.

_Loki_
07-31-2010, 10:15 PM
###
Send the email as Karsten suggested

###