PDA

View Full Version : WinRate Pop Up not Color Blind friendly

agc1976
10-20-2008, 02:02 PM
I am color blind.

http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/aboutcb.html

About 10% of the male population suffers from this condition. Usually I manage to work around with this limitation but I found something in your software that made me want to write about this.

On the Win Rate pop up of the HUD there's this one stat (Winnings) that I always see as black. All of this time I thought this was a bug on the software, that it always show the winnings as +.

Yesterday I was reviewing some sessions with my brother and we looked at a guy's winrate and I told him about the "bug" that the software had. He told me that it shows the correct value, but it was RED. I can't see the red and I'm sure there may be more users with the same problem.

This is a very minor inconvenience, but it would be nice if you'd take this into consideration. Color blind people have trouble distinguishing the black from the red fonts. I can think of two possible solutions:

Use () or - for negative values
Set the font to BOLD. This usually makes it much easier to distinguish for us.

I hope this is taken into consideration for future development. It will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Alfredo

Mike chops
10-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Thx man. As it happens I'm just working on being able to change the popup text color. I'll make losses ($1,000) in red.