PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Open New HM Window

chap
07-26-2010, 05:51 PM
If you are viewing any items in the Tourney sidebar (Results, Reports, etc), if you open a new HM Window the following all default to Cash game data: Reports, Preflop Cards, Hands.

You have to actually select a Cash sidebar item and re-select the desired Tourney sidebar item to get the correct data queried.

HEM Version 1.11.03
Windows 7
New database created and issue reproduced.

netsrak
07-27-2010, 02:56 AM
If you start a new HM window this is opened with a new environment so i think this behaves as intended.
Was it different in older releases?

How exactly would you like the new window to open?

chap
07-27-2010, 09:11 AM
I am opening a new HM window for side-by-side comparison using the
File -> Open new HM Window option inside of HM. I never used this option in previous versions so I do not know if this bug previously existed.

Steps to reproduce with screenshots:

1) Create new database
2) Import small set of Cash hands only (I deliberately excluded tournament hands to demonstrate the bug)
3) Select Cash Reports sidebar item and confirm that total number of hands are displayed. Write down number of hands for Step 7.
4) Select Tourney Results sidebar item and confirm there are no tournaments recorded
5) Select Tourney reports sidebar item and confirm there are no tournament hands recorded
6) With the Tourney Reports sidebar item selected, select File -> Open new HM window. New HM window for selected player opens to the Tourney Results sidebar item showing no tournaments recorded.
7) Select Tourney Reports in new HM window and find a Cash report displaying total number of hands from Step 3
8) Select Cash Reports sidebar item and confirm total number of hands matches number from Step 7
9) Select Tourney Reports sidebar item and confirm that there are now no tournament hands being reported.

You can duplicate this for Tourney Preflop Cards and Hands by closing the new HM window and following steps 6 - 8 again.

The attached screenshots are for steps 3 - 7.

netsrak
07-28-2010, 03:23 AM
Thanks for this, i'll forward it.

B-Money
07-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Tried with a single cash hand no luck. Then imported 200 hands and I was able to duplicate it. Thanks to your detailed instructions. Thanks!!! I've added it to the bug log but it's very low priority and I can't give a date on a fix.

You can switch to Cash, then back to the tourney report and the error is gone. Since you only play cash I'm assuming this isn't a big issue for you either?

If other people report this or there's a good argument to bump it's priority, let me know and I'll move it up the priority list.

Thanks,
-B