PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars stats jumping around

jessup
07-25-2010, 04:53 AM
Hi.
I am running HEM version 1.11.03 just updated on my laptop.

I've set up all the preferences and stats the same as on my desktop but on my laptop the HUD stats jump around all the time.

It seems as though every time it gets to each player, the're stats move positions slightly and become distorted. Also when the flop is deat a few stats follow the cards being dealt.

I also can't move the positions of the stats using my mouse trying to drag them, even if I hold down the ctrl key.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

netsrak
07-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Please check the preferred seating configuration:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Setup Preferred Seating For Poker Stars (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/365/Setup+Preferred+Seating+For+Poker+Stars)

jessup
07-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Although I don't usually use the preferred seating on my desktop, i've set up my pokerstars and HEM for preferred seating but it makes no difference at all.

I've also played about with the HUD preferences with no joy.

netsrak
07-25-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm surprised its not working for you, usually its just a one-time adjustment no matter whether you play with or without preferred seat:

configure Stars preferred seating and seating preferences in HM accordingly
* open one Table, play at least one hand
* move the stats with the right mouse key to the correct positions
* Table manager -> Table -> Save positions
* Now you can open further tables but you will always have to play at least one hand for the stats being moved to the correct positions.

_Loki_
07-25-2010, 12:44 PM
###
"I also can't move the positions of the stats using my mouse trying to drag them, even if I hold down the ctrl key"
Note: If right clicking a HUD Element doesn’t move the HUD Element, then you have Lock the Layout checked in HUD Options / Table Preferences.
>> FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Moving HUD Elements (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/138/Moving+HUD+Elements)

###
"It seems as though every time it gets to each player, the're stats move positions slightly and become distorted. Also when the flop is deat a few stats follow the cards being dealt"
I don't understand your description

Are you using multiple panels ?
If you are using multiple panels is it only a part of the HUD element that is jumping around ?
In the above FAQ link is another link to Multiple Panels - have a look
Can you post a screenshot ?

###

jessup
07-25-2010, 09:48 PM
I don't have Lock the layout checked.
I don't have Multiple panels checked.
I have been able to move the stats using the drag and drop but the stats continually move and jump back and forth. I even used up alot of time on my turn to act to try to Save positions whilst there was no movement, but it carried on skipping about.
I've included some screenshots.

Table 1 where I want the stats to be and seem to find there way back.

jessup
07-25-2010, 10:00 PM
I don't have Lock the layout checked.
I don't have Multiple panels checked.
I have been able to move the stats using the drag and drop but the stats continually move and jump back and forth. I even used up alot of time on my turn to act to try to Save positions whilst there was no movement, but it carried on skipping about.
I've included some screenshots.

Apologies for small screenshots. Not entirely computer savvy.

Table 1 where I want the stats to be and seem to find there way back.4485

Table 2 where they jump to and completely change.

Table 3 when the cards are being dealt, strange stats appear.

_Loki_
07-25-2010, 10:53 PM
###
I can see that the HUD boxes/seat preferances are configured fine

Picture 1:
ciarab99 has got 227 hands & ALL the HUDs & the table averages box are correct

Picture 2:
ciarab99 HUD vanished
pajaromacho HUD slides across to near ciarab99
table averages box moved & missing the spade icon

Picture 3:
ciarab99 HUD is still missing
pajaromacho HUD is back with pajaromacho & also the pajaromacho HUD is by ciarab99 at the same time & the pajaromacho HUD is also in the middle of the table !!! :)
table averages box moved & missing the spade icon

###
My best GUESS... (& it is a guess) is the windows settings on your laptop are different from your desktop
Are both machines running the same Windows OS ?

Try this:
>> FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Run .exe Files As Administrator (Windows 7 & Vista) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/129/Run+.exe+Files+As+Administrator+%28Windows+7+%26+V ista%29)

Occasionally Windows 7 and Vista users will need to run key Holdem Manager Programs as an Administrator.

Run As Administrator Step by Step Directions:
1. Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2. Right click HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3. Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4. Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

Reboot
test at a table

###
That seems the most likely solution, but I am guessing :D

###

jessup
07-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Both computers are running windows XP.

The only difference I know about and not sure if it matters is that desktop is NTFS and laptop if FAT32.

The reason I mention this is because I previously had a problem loading or using HEM or postreg on my laptop. I seem to recall it was something to do with FAT32 so i just didn't use it on my laptop.

I recently found out how to change to NTFS from FAT32 but thought I would load HEM first to see what happened. It all loaded first time including postreg and started importing all hands correctly. The only problem now being the HUD stats.

Just thought i'd mention that in case it has an affect.

_Loki_
07-25-2010, 11:32 PM
###
Now you tell me :D:D:D

The postgreSQL data directory likes to live on NTFS...
(although it IS possible to run it on FAT32)

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: FAT / NTFS Drive Issues (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/83/FAT+%7B47%7D+NTFS+Drive+Issues)

Do a backup first

###

jessup
07-26-2010, 12:39 AM
sorry about that.

will look at it later, after work.

thank you

jessup
07-26-2010, 02:01 AM
Have now converted to NTFS.

Now when I open HEM I get a message saying fatal error 42501.

i've searched about and now it seems the best solution is to remove HEM and postgres and reinstall and start again, so thats what i'll do.

If I get any problems i'll post again.

Thanks for your help and apologies for the inconvenience.