PDA

View Full Version : I need to free up space

skootch22
07-25-2010, 03:08 AM
I use HM on my Mac thru Parallels----please make a mac vs ~

now my problem is i have 30GB of space on my "Windows"side of my HD and its constantly filling up. I went thru and deleted all of my HH's from PS and FT. This freed up almost half my space, about 2 months ago.

today i got another message and im dam near full again. Also i vacuum and reindex almost daily.

I now play almost exclusively on Bodog. With Bodog I have to use a handgrabber. I dont think i have more then 200k hands from Bodog. Does my grabber also save hands that need to be cleared once HM processes them?

is it possible my old hands from FT and PS are archived,I do notice some HM archive folders.

I do know that of my 30GB of space postgresSQl is 30.4GB

What can I do to clear up some space, All i care about is not loosing any of my hands from Bodog, i dont care about any other poker sites.

I should mention that before I purged all hands from FT i had over 20 million HHs so i wonder if these are stored someplace im unaware of.

Thanks

_Loki_
07-25-2010, 04:11 AM
###
I don't know anything about your set up. Isn't mac some kind of raincoat ? :)

###
1] DELETE LARGE LOG FILE & PREVENT LOG FROM GROING AGAIN:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Large Log Files (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/85/Large+Log+Files)

###
2] BACK UP & COMPRESS HMArchive
Look for 'HMArchive'. In there are folders with copies of all the hands that HM has processing into your postgreSQL DB. These hands are in .txt format

You can open this & find all the hands from sites you no longer care about & delete those

It's not smart to delete those hands that you still care about though because you never know when you'll need them ~ for example if your DB becomes corrupt you would create a new DB & import the HMArchive hands. But... you should be regularly keeping a backup of this archive somewhere off your machine - on a portable drive or uploaded to an internet vault say. Therefore if you are sure you have a backup you can clear out your archive every month or you could compress it & leave it where it is

I leave my hands in the HMArchive, but compress them

###
3] Bodog Hand Grabber
I don't know much about it, but the output directory where Bodog writes the HH's on your HDD is the one that HM is reading so I would suppose that HM deletes them from that directory after reading them. It's easy enough for you to look in the bodog tree & see what's going on in there right ?
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Bodog Poker Setup (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/16/Bodog+Poker+Setup)

###
NOTES:
** Re-indexing nearly every day ? This will make your DB bloat. Leave re-indexing alone mostly. See the postgreSQL site for more information.
** Vacuuming nearly every day is also over-the-top

###

skootch22
07-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Thx for the response, I deleted the log files and regained 3/4 of my HD space back.

I didn't do the 2nd part which is to shut of the log file, because thats a bit more advanced for me. I can removed the log files again if i get near full.