PDA

View Full Version : Auto Import taking extremely long to start

ADK
07-24-2010, 01:11 PM
So I just did the steps to make HEM run faster after reading the sticky and rebooted.

When I click auto import, nothing happens at all for about 30 mins then it starts importing. Its taking very very long for the initial import to begin.

It just says:
Auto Importing...

Nothing is happening at all. Sometimes I found in the past that it imported right away, and sometimes it took 10-15 mins. But I have been waiting for about 1 hour now and decided to reboot again, same thing.

I just updated to the latest version today also.

Edit:
-Auto Import folders are all correct
-Tried making HEM applications in taskmanager high pri with Affinity set.
-Windows 7 2.4gz i7 core 4gb ram.
-All exe's running as admin as recommended by stickys.

kipik
07-24-2010, 01:42 PM
never had enough patience to wait an hour
but have same problem on ps
updates to 1.11.03 yesterday. worked abs fine

but, today, seems auto-import is just not running
tried a session, no hud.
rebooted, tried again, still no hud
and i actually have no sign of any of these two (very short) sessions played h and imported.

kipik
07-24-2010, 01:56 PM
fwiw, switched back to 02b and all is perfectly fine

netsrak
07-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Please check your auto-import folders. Are they empty except latest hands?

If not please delete the files or move them to a different folder.

ADK
07-26-2010, 10:24 AM
thanks that fixed it.

have another problem though, i did a defrag via faq/pgadmin3.

when i click refresh on HEM it refreshes the stats right away, but the hands take very long to load beneath that, it used to be instant.

any idea?

_Loki_
07-26-2010, 01:27 PM
###
defrag isn't what it's called ~ do you mean vacuum/analyse full ?
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Vacuum Analyze Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+)

After that close all running programs
stop the postgreSQL service
Assuming your drive is not an SSD: defrag in windows if you have win7 (~ if you have vista or xp it's better to use a free 3rd party defragger such as the ones by IObit or Auslogics)
reboot

###
In Hold'em Manager:

Remove the WinnerName, WinnerCards and WinnerWon from the Hands View Column Selector (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/192/Hands+View+Column+Selection)

Purge hand histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/196/Observed+Hand+History+Configuration) (It will free up disk space without losing stats, but you lose the option to see the HH or view the hand in the replayer)

###
In postgreSQL:

Edit your PosgreSQL.conf file in the SQL C:/Program Files/8.x/data folder.
Recommended changes:

shared_buffers = MB (set this to 20% of your system memory, but not more than 1000 MB.... round it off to 128 MB, 256 MB, 512 MB or 768 MB)

effective_cache_size = MB (set this to 2x the size of the shared_buffers)

###

ADK
07-26-2010, 01:29 PM
I've done all that.

And I prefer to see the winner name / cards.

When I think about it, the problem started happening when I changed the buffer sizes, I'll try edit them about.