PDA

View Full Version : Multi table disaster

LuxAeterna
10-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Let me try to give as much info as possible.

I only play on PokerStars.

My tables are always maximized and stacked.

I use the Hyper-simple theme with all black background.

My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT.

Sometimes I use AHK scripts, but have tried with them disabled and had the same problem regardless.

....I will try to elxplain what happens as best I can.

I start by bringing up X number of tables as while waiting for more.

I begin to get tables running, maybe 18 or so while waiting for the other 6 to pop up.

The HUD begins and functions fine for 3-5mins or until I get 18-24 tables up.

and then......

I will fold a hand on a table causing another table to pop up at which point the windows will melt together obscuring my fold/check/raise buttons, chopping the slider bar, overlapping random images, jacking the stars graphics all up, and meshing all kinds of things together, ect.

The only solution is to shut off HEM completely , tile out my tables and re-set my layout to 24 tables stacked. This works everytime to fix the graphic overlaps and allow me to continue playing without closing stars.

After shutting down and restarting HEM the same thing happens over n over.

I am consider the possibility that it is my video card or driver, maybe a problem if that kind.

Also had the same problem with PT3s HUD, and obv switched to HEM realizing that it is 10x better anyway, and was sad when I ran into this problem again.

I have tried everything that is obv, and would like any suggestions.

Ill add more if i think of anything else that may help.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

LuxAeterna
10-20-2008, 06:17 AM
Ok, so I updated my video drivers and everything else, and removed a bunch of things from my computer including some large apps, but still had the same problem.

Neither program is crashing. I don't think that memory or processing speed is the problem. I'm out of ideas for now.

Mike chops
10-20-2008, 07:37 AM
Please enable logging - table prefs menu - and send me the log.txt file from the logs folder, mlamb1@gmail.com

LuxAeterna
10-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Please enable logging - table prefs menu - and send me the log.txt file from the logs folder, mlamb1@gmail.com

There is nothing in those files and it is not giving me an error message int he first place.

I exit HEM while the poker windows are freaking out, tile my tables, and then its fine.

If I re-open HEM it happens immediately again.

There is no error message from HEM, so there is nothing to send you is there?.

Should I enable logging and try to 24 table again and send you a log after that?

Not sure. The file is empty.

I did enable logging, bud did not play again yet.

Mike chops
10-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Can you tell us what video card and driver you have? If this is happening with PT3 then it really does sound like a problem outside the two programs and possibly something wrong with the video card, driver or computer?

jwhicks1
01-05-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm having a very similar issue. I updated today, but still have the issue. Any other suggestions?

Mike chops
01-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Does HEM always do this? Does it only happen with a certain number of tables. Could you make a video or show me onTeamviewer? (a remote viewing program)

morny
01-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Heres some other steps to try with lagging http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=162 and also someone mentioned changing the color scheme helped alot with lagging in Vista:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=162

Chnage it to Vista Basic and click on the effects button and untick them

_Towelie_
01-11-2009, 12:45 AM
The table-blending Stars bug is older than HM fwiw. I had the same problem playing 20+ tables on stars back when I was using PT2 and PAH. IIRC killing the tracker and HUD didn't necessarily fix the issue, but I'm not sure if the true cause was ever found. Not saying HM isn't contributing in your case just passing on what i know.