PDA

View Full Version : ‘127.0.0.1’ error, FAQ no help

downtown
10-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi, I have the Failed to establish a connection to ‘127.0.0.1’ error and everything in the FAQ (linked below) failed to help me.

http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

I have XP pro and I do have zonealarm but tried everything unplugged from network and with ZA shut down and still no dice.

What's my next move? Thanks.

downtown
10-20-2008, 11:52 AM
After following the FAQ, if I have HEM start the connection it does, and then when I press connect again I receive this error:

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9306/ercv4.png

downtown
10-20-2008, 12:10 PM
After following the FAQ, if I have HEM start the connection it does, and then when I press connect again I receive this error:

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9306/ercv4.png

Just wanted to say that I also tried the following found in another post:

Originally Posted by morny
In the services screen go to postgreSQL database, right click and choose properties and in the log on TAB choose Local System Account instead of the postgres account. The try restarting the service and see if it works

This didn't work. I tried to have HEM start the service again, and command line boxes did pop up and the service did seem to start, but then I just received the same error as above, and now I'm stuck in an infinite loop of HEM telling me

Popup 1: Connection couldn't be made... have HEM start the service? [select yes]
Popup 2: Sorry HEM was unable to start the service [select ok]
then instantly Popup 3: HEM started the service, try again [select ok]

Edit:

I didn't mention I'm also running spybot.

I uninstalled PSQL 8.2, rebooted, disabled ZA and spybot and installed 8.3 with the new username postgresuser (also unticked initialize database cluster).

I still have the same issue as described above and in this post.

Edit 2: Completely uninstalled zonealarm and spybot. Uninstalled 8.3 Rebooted. Reinstalled 8.2. Rebooted.

Same problem.

Tried running as local user.

Same problem.

If someone is reading this from support and doesn't have an answer, can I at least get a timeframe for an answer?

Thanks,
dt

Rvg72
10-20-2008, 07:26 PM
I would have said that this is definitely your firewall / anti virus software but it seems like you have uninstalled that... Are you sure no other programs like this are running?

Roy

downtown
10-20-2008, 08:57 PM
I would have said that this is definitely your firewall / anti virus software but it seems like you have uninstalled that... Are you sure no other programs like this are running?

Roy

Yes I am sure. The only thing that has been different since I uninstalled the firewall/spy software detection is that sometimes I also get the transport error before the error screen above.

morny
10-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Ive fixed tons of these lately and every single time its being a firewall/defender/antivirus etc

If you email me morny@holdemmanager.net and we can arrange a teamviewer.com session

Ill need you to uninstall all the firewalls/postgresql etc where possible before we start and then do a reboot before we start our session

downtown
10-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Ive fixed tons of these lately and every single time its being a firewall/defender/antivirus etc

If you email me morny@holdemmanager.net and we can arrange a teamviewer.com session

Ill need you to uninstall all the firewalls/postgresql etc where possible before we start and then do a reboot before we start our session

Morny,

E-mail sent. Thanks.

downtown
10-21-2008, 11:45 PM
For anyone else who runs into this issue as well...

I had to reinstall PostgreSQL and there was no way to save my database... No firewall or antivirus remained on my system, but the problem persisted. Wiping the DB and all folders obviously solved the issue, but it really came down to having to start over from scratch.