PDA

View Full Version : 1.11.03 Performance Issues?

craig1129
07-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Hi I've noticed a pretty dramatic decrease in performance speed in the reports tab since updating when doing analysis (some don't finish loading). I'm wondering if others have noticed something similar.

Edit: Specifically, the biggest problem seems to be with the "vs player" tab. If I select a player then select my screen name in the "vs player" tab and run a report, it is extremely slow and usually doesn't finish loading now. Can someone else try this and let me know if they notice it?

B-Money
07-23-2010, 03:30 AM
How big is your database approximately? How many hands?

I'm just wrapping up testing on a auto vacuum tool. This tool also optimizes your postgres config file based on your PC hardware. Doubt this is going to solve your problem if it just started with the .03 release, but it won't hurt to try it.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you to try out.

I have heard people playing on Ongame have seen a performance decrease with Auto Import on 1.11.03, but we're unable to duplicate that here. Sounds like you have database issues and not import issues. Double check your anti-virus software too. Sometimes they like intercepting and scanning the network data between postgres and HM. Unfortunately the only way to test for this unless you are a AV expert is to completely uninstall the anti virus software and not just disable it.

If you use AVG, Avast or MS security essentials for antivirus you can rule out your anti-virus software.

Send me a PM and I'll hook you up with the new Database optimization tool and we can see if that helps.

When you send your PM I should have my HM back up and running. I'll do the same query then and let you know my results when I mail the optimization tool.

GL,
-B

Body Man D
08-02-2010, 08:50 PM
I am having the same problem. I run a lot of reports vs. specific player. They would generate almost instantly before I upgraded this morning. I'm going to just reinstall older version as it really is a report I use quite a bit to study particular player tendencies.

Update: Just went back and reloaded v. 1.11.02b and the reports now generate quickly again.

B-Money
08-02-2010, 09:12 PM
I am having the same problem. I run a lot of reports vs. specific player. They would generate almost instantly before I upgraded this morning. I'm going to just reinstall older version as it really is a report I use quite a bit to study particular player tendencies.

Update: Just went back and reloaded v. 1.11.02b and the reports now generate quickly again.

Body Man D,

I was on Craigs PC and Fozzy ended up taking over since OP has database on external hard drive.

I can't duplicate the VS player report issue on my PC so anything you can add to help in this matter would be appreciated.

Do you use a external Hard Drive for your postgres database?
Are you running a filter along with the VS player filter? If so, what one?
Does the VS player filter cause problems with no filter, just the vs player filter?

There was ar bug fixeed in the VS player recently but I thought that was pre .02b, but I could be wrong, that release is a month old now or so. Anyway, let me know if you have any more information and we'll dig deeper.

Thanks,
-B

Body Man D
08-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Here's an example of the report I was trying to create. It only takes a few seconds on the older version. On the new version it ran for several minutes and never finished so I closed the program.

report.jpg picture by bodymand - Photobucket (http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q237/bodymand/?action=view&current=report.jpg)

I have an external drive, but only store my hands and the program on my main SSD drive.

I think it only happened on the vs. player reports, but I didn't run a bunch of other reports before going back to the older version.

B-Money
08-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Here's an example of the report I was trying to create. It only takes a few seconds on the older version. On the new version it ran for several minutes and never finished so I closed the program.

report.jpg picture by bodymand - Photobucket (http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q237/bodymand/?action=view&current=report.jpg)

I have an external drive, but only store my hands and the program on my main SSD drive.

I think it only happened on the vs. player reports, but I didn't run a bunch of other reports before going back to the older version.

Thanks for the extra info. I was able to reproduce it and it will be addressed in .05. Might make it in for .04 if .04 drags for another day or two. Either way I'll write it up and it'll get fixed soon.

Thanks again for the extra help.

Craig,
I know Fozzy took over and I saw something about bigger issues after I was on your PC. Feel free to email or PM me if you are still requiring help. Fozzy is going to have limited time to help in the next week or so but I'm around along with the rest of the support team.

-B