PDA

View Full Version : Not importing all hands from Zoom tables

obrienj
10-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Okay, I'm pretty sure this just started happening suddenly yesterday. I just noticed that the winnings for my session can't be right so I went looking. I was missing some of the bigger hands all right.
I've run a few tests on small samples and it happens for me every time now.

e.g. I just opened a new Zoom table, played 9 hands and sat out again. Only 6 hands came into my Cash Games Reports section.

Anyone having this problem?

Patvs
10-08-2012, 09:14 AM
With Zoom it can take up to 1 minute before PokerStars writes the handhistory to the handhistory file.
If you for example quickfold 5 hands and then quit your session, those 5 hands still have to be played out, before they're written to the handhistory file and HoldemManager can import them.

So never immediately close the PokerStars client after a Zoom session.

Update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_02Oct2012.exe

obrienj
10-08-2012, 10:00 AM
With Zoom it can take up to 1 minute before PokerStars writes the handhistory to the handhistory file.
If you for example quickfold 5 hands and then quit your session, those 5 hands still have to be played out, before they're written to the handhistory file and HoldemManager can import them.

So never immediately close the PokerStars client after a Zoom session.

Update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_02Oct2012.exe

But thats not the case here. The files are IN the pokerstars handhistory file... I have checked. HM is reading the file, but not importing all the hands.

That link is for 1.12.11, that's not the latest version in the HM versions section. I checked that before I posted. I'll download and update now.

The weird thing is that it wasnt happening a few days ago and nothing (software wise) has changed as far as I know.

obrienj
10-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Okay, I updated the program, but the problem is still happening.

Played a quick session there.... 81 hands across two tables. Only 48 of those hands were imported.

obrienj
10-08-2012, 10:53 AM
And it doesnt seem to be a zoom thing either... happening for tourney hands (I also spotted one or two duplicates in there too).

Something must be gone wrong with the database / setup?

Any ideas what could cause this?

obrienj
10-08-2012, 11:58 AM

You can see in the image attached what the problem is. Obviously the table hand history is not matching the HM hand history. There's three duplicates in there and five hands missing.

This is really bugging me now, doesnt seem to be any reason for it.

Patvs
10-08-2012, 01:49 PM
The duplicate hands is the sign of a corrupt database.
Create a new database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager and reimport your hands.

obrienj
10-08-2012, 02:02 PM
The duplicate hands is the sign of a corrupt database.
Create a new database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager and reimport your hands.

Hmmm, I was worried it might be something like that.

obrienj
10-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Okay, so the new database is working fine now.
Is there anything I can do to fix the old database? In what way is it corrupt? Is the data salvageable?

I am concerned as I have about 1/2 million hands in that database.

Patvs
10-08-2012, 06:19 PM
In the old database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> select the database--> (set it as default)--> EXPORT HANDS.

(or maybe you still have all your handhistories in your archive folder, C:/HMArchive?)
Reimport all the hands into the new database.

You can try to reindex the old database in pgadminIII, but it's unlikely it will fix this issue, so you're better off reimporting into a new database.