PDA

View Full Version : VirtualBox performance HM2

BananaPusher
10-08-2012, 04:04 AM
Hello,

I have a mac 27'' and i use virtualbox so i can run HM2.

Questions:

1) when hm2 for mac?
2) I have 1.2M hands and I'm using virtualbox and is not the best performance, crashes often playing 12x or is slow, I'm trying to minimize the memory used by windows to give more space to hm2, but I do not think is enough.

You tips on how to set up the virtual machine or improve performance?

I would not install windows on mac only hm2: (

Thanks!

Patvs
10-08-2012, 09:20 AM
-1 we have no eta when (or even if) a HM2 version for the Mac OSX will be released.
Currently the only way is to run HM2 in a virtual environment (Parallels/Bootcamp/VMWare, etc.)
Ideally also installing Windows on the Mac.

-2 To improve performance, where did you install PostgreSQL? Did you install it on the Mac side or also in VirtualBox?

BananaPusher
10-08-2012, 09:48 AM
-1 we have no eta when (or even if) a HM2 version for the Mac OSX will be released.
Currently the only way is to run HM2 in a virtual environment (Parallels/Bootcamp/VMWare, etc.)
Ideally also installing Windows on the Mac.

-2 To improve performance, where did you install PostgreSQL? Did you install it on the Mac side or also in VirtualBox?

PostgreSQL is in VirtualBox, all is in VirtualBox, i tried say windows use virtual memory setting paging to 6gb.

I have other problem with NotesCaddy, i have a process in task processor "remove note %something%", this job increase memory until 2gb and hm2 crash "out of memory", does not seem to use virtual memory from the hard disk.

Creating notes no problems, but it's slow 20 hand / sec for every definition on large DB of 1.2 milion hands :|

Patvs
10-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Do you have similar performance issues, when you turn off NoteCaddy?

Try installing PostgreSQL on the Mac side.

BananaPusher
10-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Do you have similar performance issues, when you turn off NoteCaddy?

Try installing PostgreSQL on the Mac side.

I installed the db on mac and it is a little improved, with notescaddy off the performances are always low when I play on 12 tables, yesterday I did a test without using the full screen mode in virtual box and the performances were nearly optimal, it is possible that the problem is this? I will tell you anyway!

Patvs
10-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Instead of full screen mode, try using a windowed version (where it still fills up 95% of your screen, but technically is a 'window')

BananaPusher
10-12-2012, 03:13 AM
Instead of full screen mode, try using a windowed version (where it still fills up 95% of your screen, but technically is a 'window')

in this mode, works better, thanks!