PDA

View Full Version : street-by-street layout bug

oerman
10-07-2012, 09:01 AM
bug: moving pieces of the hud around affects all huds not only the hud type that you're moving.

reproduce: you have multiple tables open using the street by street HUD with one table on the pre-flop hud and one on flop hud. In the flop hud, move hud box for one of the players.
effect: the position of the hud box is adjusted for both the flop hud and the pre-flop hud.
expected: only the flop hud should change.

Patvs
10-07-2012, 04:43 PM
This has been requested before. Ticket HM-5199.
The current status of the ticket is, there are no plans to make the street by street HUD positions to be independent.

I've still added your email address to the ticket though, so the programmers may re-consider this.

oerman
10-07-2012, 05:19 PM
hopefully they will :p this sounds like something relatively easy to fix and it would greatly improve usability since I'm often making slight tweaks to the hud positions which currently messes everything up badly.....

btw, is there a way to browse through the bug tracking system? I have the feeling it isn't public right now, but why don't you guys make it public? In my opinion this would greatly enhance the ability for users to actually search through existing feature requests/bug reports since the forum is imho not very fit for that.

udbrky
10-07-2012, 11:31 PM
We've had public lists before, and really, it didn't accomplish anything, but having several of us constantly monitoring it. We use the notify when resolved method now.

oerman
10-14-2012, 07:08 AM
It's even worse than I thought. Originally I thought that it only messed up the position of the 'main panel' and that it would keep the relative positions between sub-panels correct, but now it seems that even those are completely screwed up.

I was designing a pretty advanced HUD with a separate HUD for each street and about 3-4 panels per player per street, but it's completely unusable because of this bug: there is no way that I can set up the positions of the panels such that they look correct for each street using only one set of coordinates.

I really don't understand how you can invest effort in implementing street-by-street hud functionality but then essentially render it useless for most cases by not fixing this bug :) (anyone that wants a street-by-street hud will want an advanced hud that can never be layout correctly using the current system).

If I switch between HUDs manually they use separate locations for each panel + subpanel, so apparently these coordinates are stored somewhere. Why not just use these coordinates for the street-by-street hud ?

Sarek
10-14-2012, 01:47 PM
You can try this trick:
remove all panel separators
place HUD where you want on the table (concentrate on where you want first panel to be)
Then insert one panel separator
Place second panel
and so on, one new panel at a time