PDA

View Full Version : wrong popup showing

TLXLM
07-21-2010, 11:42 PM
I can't get the default mail popup to show even though it is selected . It doesn't matter if the "click for popup" is checked or not, it still doesn't show.

Any help much appreciated, thx.

netsrak
07-22-2010, 05:27 AM
Which HM version?
Please add screenshots of your popup and Hud configurations

TLXLM
07-22-2010, 06:48 AM
I saw just now that the main popup is just blank, it all disappeared somehow. Can i import it again from somewhere?

TLXLM
07-22-2010, 07:00 AM
Also i'm switching back and forth between different huds but it never loads, it's like it has to stay with the old hud until i have relaunched the hud at least 5 times, then i get the right hud sometimes, sometimes not. It's like HEM picks whatever hud it wants to use, not the one i choose in the settings. What am i missing?

netsrak
07-22-2010, 10:00 AM
* Please try updating to the latest version 1.11.03 from the link in my signature.

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer and post the questions FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work)

DTigersD
08-29-2010, 09:38 PM
I noticed something like this also. I am currently running 1.11.04. Recently I created a bunch of different configurations (probably 15 or so) for certain flop situations, based on what stats would be the most helpful for that specific situation. It was for the purpose of review, more than for while I was actually playing.

Shortly afterward, I tried to remove a stat from the main HUD configuration that I use and add another one. I then noticed that the old stat was still in place. I realized I couldn't adjust or change the HUD at all in any way. When I would opened the "player preferences" to view the configuration, it was saved as the way I wanted it, but it showed up differently at the tables and in the hand replayer.

I thought there was some sort of "freeze" feature that allowed you to keep the HUD you were using at the tables, but allowed you to mess with it in the configuration. When I couldn't find it, I deleted all the configurations I had made before and immediately afterward the HUD changed to the way I wanted it.

So the question is, are there only so many configurations HEM is capable of storing? Is this a known bug, something new, or something I am missing. I don't necessarily need the many configurations I made, but they would be helpful.

Also, is there anyway to relist the names of the configurations so that they appear in alphabetical order (or something), as opposed to the order in which they are created?

Thanks

netsrak
08-30-2010, 08:51 AM
You need to connect the "default" Hud to a site you are not playing at. This should fix any problems with the "use for" tab for other hud configurations.

For the configuration sorting: i think they are displayed in the sequence as they are written to the configuration file prefs.xml.
So to rearrange them the following might work (but you need some xml/programming skills):
1. close HM
2. navigate to the config subfolder of your holdemmanager installation path
3. create a backup copy of the file prefs.xml
4. open prefs.xml in a texteditor like notepad
5. you see the different configurations in xml sections under "<config>". "<default ...</default> " for example
6. by moving this sections you can change the sort area.
7. save the file and restart HM

DTigersD
09-02-2010, 02:02 AM
Thanks. I got it to work at the tables, but part of the problem (that I didn't specify) was that I still can't change the HUD config for the hand replayer. In fact, my main goal is to use a default or general layout for the tables while I am playing, but have different configurations for different situations while I am reviewing hands.

For example, there are certain stats that help when I am out of position in a 3-bet pot preflop. I filter the hands accordingly and would like to put together a specific layout for that situation.

There is no way I can have all the stats I want too see in the HUD for every situation while I am playing, but I can filter the hands when I am reviewing and dial up a specific configuration (at least that is what I am trying to do).

But when I try to change the configuration, the only one that works with the hand replayer is the "default." I could not find anything in the manual or any threads distinguishing between layouts for the tables and layouts for the hand replayer. Is "default" the only option with the hand replayer or am I overlooking something?

DTigersD
09-02-2010, 02:19 AM
Ok, I found a thread with the answer. If anyone is reading this and has a similar question, the answer is probably here:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/holdem-manager-replayer/33020-stats-hud.html