PDA

View Full Version : Dirty workaround for Full Tilt hand history issue that started 7/21

systema
07-21-2010, 06:23 PM
As noted in other threads, the most recent Full Tilt update is causing hand histories not to update and the HUD not to work. (As an aside, the Rush HUD is still working from my experience and what I've read. I am using version 1.10.06a, which has full Rush HUD support.) Other posters have posited that the issue is that Full Tilt has changed the date format in the hand histories. I have confirmed this and created a workaround that will allow hand histories to import.

When you open a hand history from yesterday (7/20) or earlier and compare it to one after today's update, you see the following differences:

Time of hand is expressed as hh:mm instead of hh:mm:ss
Date of hand is expressed as Wed, July 21, 2010 instead of 2010/07/10

As far as I can tell, these are the only differences.

To fix the formatting, open the hand history text file in a good, capable text editor (I recommend Notepad++). Using the search and replace function, search for the following text string:

ET - Wed, July 21, 2010
Make sure you put a space before ET. The forums don't allow me to insert a space before a text string in a quote. Obviously, you may need to replace ET with whatever time zone abbreviation is in your hand history file (I'm on the east coast of the US, and I don't know if other time zones convert the time to local or not), and also replace the date with the date of that hand history file if necessary.

Then enter the following text string in the replace field:

:00 ET - 2010/07/21
Again, you may need to replace ET and the date.

Click Replace All.

This will append :00 to the time stamp and fix the date stamp, causing HEM to recognize both. Save the hand history file, close it, and either start the auto importer or use the Import File(s) or Import From Folder function. The hands will import correctly.

It's an inelegant solution, but it allowed me to view my stats for the day and update stats on villains. Also, I only used this on Rush cash game tables, and only after I had closed them. As stated above, the Rush HUD has been unaffected by the update in question. Not sure how this workaround might affect HUD capabilities on non-Rush tables.

systema
07-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Saw the header announcing the new release after I posted this. Installing and testing now.

systema
07-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Ugh. I just read another thread indicating lotsa problems with Rush HUD after latest release, and also a rumor that Full Tilt is going to be rolling back the formatting of hand histories. Not going to bother installing the latest release; staying with 1.10.06a. The workaround above suits my needs better than the potential problems and no Rush HUD.

Good luck to everyone!

The thread I mentioned is here: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-bugs/33850-after-1-3-update-my-hem-stil-isnt-working.html#post162759