PDA

View Full Version : 1.11.03 Ongame Import is very slow

d2molina
07-21-2010, 06:10 PM
I posted about this problem in the 1.11.03 pre-release thread but you released the final version without fixing this. Now I need to go back to .02b. What a joke.

netsrak
07-22-2010, 05:01 AM
We had to release 1.11.03 earlier as planned because of the FTP update but we will continue investigation this.

raller
07-22-2010, 02:26 PM
For the record, i have the same problem on ongame.Please investigate asap.

kefir
07-22-2010, 08:04 PM
how can I turn back to older version? As I remember it took you 3 weeks to fix HEM when ongame changed format of the date, will it be 3 month now when you'll be "fixing" slow import?

netsrak
07-23-2010, 04:07 AM
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/30576-1-11-03-official-release.html

d2molina
07-27-2010, 02:43 PM
up. still not working.

bumbummm
07-27-2010, 03:22 PM
I posted about this problem in the 1.11.03 pre-release thread but you released the final version without fixing this. Now I need to go back to .02b. What a joke.

Same problem...:mad:

MikeLowrey
07-28-2010, 10:14 AM
same problem here on ongame since i updated to 1.11.03

ADK
07-28-2010, 11:52 AM
same for me also

hellsis
07-28-2010, 03:49 PM
same for me

fabio
07-29-2010, 08:02 AM
Hi,

do you guys have the slow import speeds while running the autoimport and playing or while doing a bulk import?

MikeLowrey
07-29-2010, 01:30 PM
maybe there's the problem....

if i start the auto import and start immediately too play, the import takes very long....

but if i start the auto import and wait until he finished with importing the hands from the last session, i can start playing and have my HUD instantly!

fabio
07-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes, sometimes the OnGame client locks the HH files so HM can't move them to the Archive folder while the OnGame software is still open so HM will have to go through all the hands from your last session(s) again. The easiest thing you can do to avoid this is close the OnGame software after your session and leave the auto-import running for a couple of minutes while you review your session/take a break etc.

praetor
07-29-2010, 03:37 PM
still problems w autoimport freezing when Ongame is running that werent there previously

Can you guys do something to fix it

fabio
07-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Hi,

what exactly is freezing for you? The more info we get, the better because none from HM Staff is experiencing this problem

praetor
07-29-2010, 06:16 PM
basically sometimes [only sometimes] when I play at ONgame, the auto impor stops, it looks as if its doing something but its not. The only way it goes thru is if I delete the ongame hand history file and restart HM

d2molina
07-30-2010, 09:02 AM
For example: I play 30 sngs and then import then after the session. This works well on 1.11.02b but is very slow on 03.

hellsis
07-31-2010, 10:20 AM
it works on my laptop but not on my workstation. 1.11.03 on both and i have analyzed the databases etc. auto import on both and have the right auto import folders. its like they cant access the hand histories on my workstation, they dosent import and nothing is being imported.

netsrak
08-01-2010, 06:12 AM
Please try the following:
Close the ongame client, move the ongame handhistory file to a different folder and import it via import file.

For your next session a new file should be generated. Does this work?

rangoz
08-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Yes, sometimes the OnGame client locks the HH files so HM can't move them to the Archive folder while the OnGame software is still open so HM will have to go through all the hands from your last session(s) again. The easiest thing you can do to avoid this is close the OnGame software after your session and leave the auto-import running for a couple of minutes while you review your session/take a break etc.

This is nice tips!

I can tell you more tip: Add this file c:\\OngameGrab.txt to exception in your Anti-virus software (ESET NOD32 in my case)

Good like!

praetor
08-01-2010, 10:40 PM
are you going to fix it? it still messes up my auto import so I basically cant play at ONgame

bonptitjoueur11
08-02-2010, 12:53 AM
are you going to fix it? it still messes up my auto import so I basically cant play at ONgame

+1, auto import doesnt work anymore with Ongame (or takes a billion hours, never reached that)

netsrak
08-02-2010, 03:43 AM
Is it still the same if you delete the handhistory file and start a new session after this?

Is it for hands you are playing or for mined hands?

d2molina
08-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Is it still the same if you delete the handhistory file and start a new session after this?

If I use Import File(s) it works ok. The problem is only with the Auto Import.

domino66
08-03-2010, 12:55 AM
I also have EXTREMELY SLOW ongame import speeds, but the problem isn't new with v.03...it was like this with previous versions too.

Import speeds are like 50 HHs/s for every other site, and literally less than 1 HH / s for ongame.

Also, I echo the previous comment >> this exceptionally slow import is ONLY when you import the HH files via Auto-Import...when u select "Import Files" and select the individual file(s) the import speed is as fast as for other sites.

kefir
08-03-2010, 02:26 PM

so still not fixed eh? what information do you need to fix the problem?

praetor
08-03-2010, 08:32 PM

yes, its the same even after I delete the handhistory file, I've done that numerous times

Its for hands I'm playing myself

Can you please fix this

netsrak
08-04-2010, 06:22 AM
We have still no idea what might be causing this.

I think we need to check your system:
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

domino66
08-04-2010, 09:15 AM
We have still no idea what might be causing this.

I think we need to check your system:
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

Did you not read my post a few posts up? I also have this problem and have for the last several months, and it happens on BOTH my laptop and desktop computers. It's obviously not a problem with that guy's particular machine. Clearly a bug in the auto-import code, since -- as described -- this slowness only occurs when you AUTO-IMPORT ongame HHs...when you "Import File(s)" and select them individually, they import fast.

EDIT: I'm assuming your post that I'm quoting was referring to the generally slow ongame auto-import speed....if it was instead referring to something else particular to praetor, then you can ignore...

praetor
08-04-2010, 10:04 AM
As above< i dont think its a problem unique to me [d2molina, bonptipt, etc...]

FTS
08-04-2010, 10:13 AM
similar problems here, slow or even no import. Freezing when auto importing, no hud etc..

netsrak
08-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Did you not read my post a few posts up? I also have this problem and have for the last several months, and it happens on BOTH my laptop and desktop computers. It's obviously not a problem with that guy's particular machine. Clearly a bug in the auto-import code, since -- as described -- this slowness only occurs when you AUTO-IMPORT ongame HHs...when you "Import File(s)" and select them individually, they import fast.

EDIT: I'm assuming your post that I'm quoting was referring to the generally slow ongame auto-import speed....if it was instead referring to something else particular to praetor, then you can ignore...

My post was about the general problem. We are investigating it but we have no solution and we cant reproduce it with the test files we received so we need to check some systems via teamviewer.

wrapitup
08-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Wow, I'm glad this I'm not the only one with this problem. Auto-import is insanely slow with Tower Gaming on both my machines, and I recently formatted my desktop.

If I can help, let me know what you need.

domino66
08-04-2010, 03:41 PM
My post was about the general problem. We are investigating it but we have no solution and we cant reproduce it with the test files we received so we need to check some systems via teamviewer.

OK...well I hope that at the very least all of the replies to this point have convinced you that it's not an isolated issue, and that whatever the problem is, it's something that affects Ongame AUTO-IMPORT, but not just the regular Import File(s) function. I don't know much about coding, but I'd think that that should be somewhat easy(?) to isolate...

p.s. this is just my own hunch, but to all of the people saying that their Ongame import actually FREEZES, I suspect that it hasn't actually frozen, but rather what you're witnessing is just an EXTREMELY SLOW auto-import...I've noticed that too...the problem is that as has been pointed out in this thread, auto-import speeds for ongame are like 0.5 hands / second...so if you're trying to auto-import a very modest size HH file (1,000 HHs let's say), HEM is going to appear to be frozen during the import, but it's actually just the case that 1,000 HHs take 2,000 seconds (or nearly 30 mintes!!) to import...my experience is that it's not frozen even though it appears to be; it's just excruciatingly slow.

wrapitup
08-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Mine consistently averages 0.3h/second. It's been this way for months.

netsrak
08-05-2010, 04:03 AM
Good news: we were now able to reproduce it and we are working on a fix...

Freedom
08-05-2010, 06:31 AM
As the HEM people know I've been suffering with the same problem. I just want to add theat yesterday's session was the worst. It started pretty much straight away on three of the four tables, then within a couple of minutes it stopped working on two others and vanished. The table HUD that was left kept disapearing for a split second and basically resetting itself. I tried restarting HEM, no good. Then I restarted both Eurobet client and HEM, no good. Then deleted the HH file and restarted, no good. Finally I turn HEM off, as it was doing absolutely NOTHING.

kefir
08-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Good news: we were now able to reproduce it and we are working on a fix...

so you dont need another teamviwer sessions now?

Also Im testing how it works with 1.11.04b and it looks that problem is gone.

FTS
08-05-2010, 02:48 PM
My issues are far from gone using that version....how long is the fix gonna take? I'ts impossible for me to play atm and i got kids to feed...

domino66
08-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Just posting to make sure this stays at the top of the developers' to-do list. HEM is truly un-usable on Ongame in its current format

thomasoyn
08-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Just posting to make sure this stays at the top of the developers' to-do list. HEM is truly un-usable on Ongame in its current format

+1

hamburgerhelped
08-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Rebump.... need fix asap.

Patvs
08-09-2010, 11:36 PM
You should import the file via import file and then delete the handhistory file from the handhistory folder. The autoimport has a performance problem at the moment which will be fixed in the next update. For now you should start your session with an empty handhistory file.

domino66
08-11-2010, 10:32 AM
You should import the file via import file and then delete the handhistory file from the handhistory folder. The autoimport has a performance problem at the moment which will be fixed in the next update. For now you should start your session with an empty handhistory file.

Yeah, this is what I've been doing so far, altho obv an inelegant fix and not ideal.
Post #83 in this thread:http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/34519-1-11-04c-internal-pre-release-important-stars-updates-here-9.html#post167803

claims that u fixed it by "Removed Ongame Mucked cards since they were causing Auto Import to stall."

Just what was the problem, and do you think it's fixed for good now?

Patvs
08-11-2010, 02:44 PM
The problem is fixed for now... but I'm sure some new problem will come up in the near future if Ongame makes any change in their handhistory formatting.

Freedom
08-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Thanks!

domino66
08-12-2010, 02:08 PM
The problem is fixed for now... but I'm sure some new problem will come up in the near future if Ongame makes any change in their handhistory formatting.

Just wanted to point out that the problem is NOT fixed; check out post 97 in this thread:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/34519-1-11-04c-internal-pre-release-important-stars-updates-here-10.html

The import speed was fixed, perhaps, but only by removing MUCKED CARDS, which is absolutely critical to keep in, for EV calcs, and all that. B-Money says he's on top of it and following up closely, but unclear whether it has been solved for good...Ongame players prob shouldn't update if they want to retain ability to see mucked cards (and have their EV calculated properly) until we get the all-clear that it's been fixed for good.

Ozzinho
10-02-2010, 04:47 PM
I have the same problems the past couple of days. I thought that Beta 17 causes the problem, so I switched back to Beta 15 and emptied the hand history folder, too, but nothing has changed.

Any ideas?

netsrak
10-03-2010, 06:37 AM
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/34980-so-ongame-mucked-cards-thing-fixed-04-not.html

wrapitup
10-03-2010, 07:52 AM
I don't see mucked with beta 15...

netsrak
10-03-2010, 12:50 PM
We still have no final solution for this