PDA

View Full Version : Autorate players...

Polar_Bears
07-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Am I missing something here. I am trying to use autorate players in your app but for the life of me can't figure out how to do something that seems so simple. Maybe I am just use to the way it runs in a different app, but I would imagine that I go in "options" "autorate"....all my rules are set, I have "enable autorate" and "enable autorate in replayer" both checked.

What I am missing here is the part where it goes through your whole database autorating all your players??? My only option in here is to click "OK" and nothing at all happens. I would imagine this is the part where it "should" be going through your database.

I have an enormous DB and none of my players have symbols next to their names showing what they have been rated as.

What am I doing wrong??

I also think your articles on this subject need to be updated to better discuss this subject. Pointing out where things are versus explaining to people exactly what is happening is two different things :)

Thanks

1p0kerboy
07-21-2010, 05:22 PM
HUD Options >>> Player Preferences >>> Appearance >>>

[x] Show note icon

Polar_Bears
07-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Thank you my brother....I am not on any tables right now to see if it works, but I have made the appropriate changes!

Cheers

1p0kerboy
07-21-2010, 05:54 PM
NP. I'm going to start using autorate too so I'm not 100% sure this is the solution but I think it is.

The old PokerTracker 2 went through your database and stored an icon to each player. This query took some time.

I think that Holdem Manager doesn't store an icon for each player, but displays the appropriate icon based on stats during play. This method is much quicker BUT it does kind of stink that you can't run reports based on icons. I used to like to see the collective winrates of each player type.

Polar_Bears
07-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Ahh...that would totally make sense on why I don't see anything happening. Cool...that answers my question. Yea I am use to how PT did it so that is what I am looking for.

Good info...

Thank you!

Polar_Bears
07-22-2010, 02:07 AM
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/Polar_Bears/autorateproblem.jpg

So why would some players have an icon and not others. For instance, "Aurorach" has 165 hands and no icon. Same with a couple of other players at this table.

Thanks

_Loki_
07-22-2010, 04:25 AM
Probably because those players don't fall into any of the categories that get assigned an icon

You can check this with a simple test by adding a new rule & putting it as the very last rule with say a yellow square icon
Make that rule something like
VPIP > 0 & samples > 0
& then all the players that don't get picked up by earlier rules will get a yellow square
With this test every player will show an icon all the time & you can spot 'gaps' in your rules

Polar_Bears
07-22-2010, 03:53 PM
How do I autorate myself? Does it do this automatically, something I have to set, doesn't do, or I am not seeing it because I don't fit inside one of the rules?

_Loki_
07-22-2010, 04:17 PM
You only get autorate showing with the all-time stats HUD

Hero HUD doesn't display all-time stats in live play
Hero HUD does display all-time stats in replayer

So you can see your icon in replayer only...

I hope yours is something poker-macho like the eagle & not the big-eared
chimp
Are you brave enough to look ? :D

Polar_Bears
07-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the info...mine is the ABC book...not sure if you would consider that one cool...LOL

_Loki_
07-22-2010, 06:13 PM
suggest you edit the .png & replace the book with a ferocious Arctic-dwelling mammal...

Hmmm - I wonder which mammal to choose ?

Polar_Bears
07-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Oh very cool...didn't realize you could do something like that ;)

Thanks!