PDA

View Full Version : Avira Antivirus detected HEM as a virus all of a sudden

ffrllc
07-21-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm running HEM v 1.11.02b on my Vista PC and use "Avira AntiVir Personal" as my antivirus protection program. I recently started getting a virus warning message pop up everytime I open HEM.

I haven't changed anything since updating to HEM v 1.11.02b when it was released and I never used to get these virus warnings before.

The odd thing is that the location listed in the warning is my "F" Drive (F:\autorun.inf), which is an external hard drive I have that I use to back up data. All my HEM program files are in the default location on my "C" Drive.

This warning only pops up when I open HEM (and everytime I open HEM).

Should I be concerned? If not, how can I add HEM to the "okay" list so I don't get this warning pop up everytime I open HEM?

(I've attached a screen shot)

netsrak
07-22-2010, 04:01 AM
What happens if you remove the F: drive for a test and try again?

ffrllc
07-22-2010, 12:28 PM
If I disconnect my external F drive I no longer get the virus warning.

I obviously would like to use my external hard drive. Do you how I can let Avira know that HEM is okay so I wont get these warning when I open HEM?

Not sure what changed as I never used to get these warnings before. Maybe a recent update to Avira virus list that is now showing HEM?

Thanks.

ffrllc
07-22-2010, 01:36 PM
I just got this new warning pop up. This one doesn't look like it has anything to do with my external hard drive.

netsrak
07-23-2010, 03:29 AM
I don't see the complete filename in the screenshot. If its something with xenocode or appliancecache its from an older Holdemmanager version. You can delete the file.

For the F: issue i have no ideas. Do you have HM configured to read from F: in the auto-import settings? Or did you import from there?