PDA

View Full Version : Error Relation base

Rolo1984
07-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Hello

I suddenly have a problem. When i try to look yp hands of my opponents in the cash tab. I get an error:

" the following error occured wgeb running this report:ERROR: XX001:could not read block 0 or relation base/16395/16466: read only 0 of 8192 bytes"

When I look up my own hands there is no problem

Hope you can help me

tnx

Roland

_Loki_
07-20-2010, 07:20 PM
###
Hi Roland

Do you maintain your DB ?

Follow this FAQ, but at step 6 choose 'REINDEX' radio button
>>> FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Vacuum Analyze Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+)

###

Rolo1984
07-20-2010, 09:02 PM
mmm....I never mantain my DB. Might there be another solution. Since it will probably take a long time

_Loki_
07-20-2010, 09:24 PM
You have to sleep sometimes right ? Database maintenance is essential or eventually the time you've saved now will be more than wasted later trying to fix something big

This is a recent Fozzy post taken from here:
>>> http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/33738-hands-not-appearing-after-vacuum.html#post162457

I follow this routine more-or-less. I've never had DB problems. Fozzy creates/deletes many DB's for testing of HH's etc & also never has DB problems...

...have found that people that do regular maintenance (once a month or more) rarely have corrupt DB issues. Most of the people with corrupt DB's have never done db maintenance...

###
My suggested steps for regular maintenance:
1 - Close HM and Open PGAdmin
2 - connect to postgresql server and then to the DB. Password is postgrespass in case you ever need it.
3 - Right-Click > Maintenance on the DB.
4 - Vacuum, Analyze > OK

Wait for it to finish and change the greyed out OK button to a Done button.

Do that ever 10 -30k hands.

###
Every 50 - 100k hands, after finishing the steps above:
A - Right-Click > Maintenance on the DB.
B - Reindex > OK

Wait for it to finish and change the greyed out OK button to a Done button.

Next we need to Stop the PostgreSQL service so the Defragmenter can Defrag the Database.
Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8,4 > Stop Server
Open Smart Defrag > Select both drive letter checkboxes > Analyze
Pick suggested Defrag process > Start Defrag
After Smart Defrag finishes you should restart your computer.
If you need to use HM before you restart your PC, then you need to Start Server.
Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8,4 > Start Server

Rolo1984
07-21-2010, 08:40 AM
I am trying to do the maintenance. however I get the following message constantly. If i rpess ok it continues untill it gives me this message again

" ERROR: could not truncate relation base/16395/16466 to 1 blocks: it's only 0 blocks now"

_Loki_
07-21-2010, 09:05 AM
###
Probably a damaged DB - this is not a big problem
Create a new DB
Import a small sample of HH's into it
Set your hero name
Reboot your PC

Test your new DB to see if you can now look up hands of your opponents in the cash tab

###

Rolo1984
07-21-2010, 06:07 PM
It seems my DBw as corrupted. Created a new DB and imported quite some hands and works fine niow. Seem to have lost the hands from yesterday. But i can work with that.

tnx for your help