PDA

View Full Version : Notes on 2 computers

etay0330
07-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Hi, I play on both my laptop and desktop and I do reviews on both computers a lot. I have been just exporting and importing notes between 2 computers just to sync the notes I have.

This is how I think it works. Let me know if I'm wrong. Let's say I have a note on a player as 'lag' on computer 1, while I have a note on computer on the same opponent as 'tard' on computer 2. When I export the note file from computer 1 and import it to computer 2, the note I have on that opponent would be 'lag tard'. Am I right?

If that's the case, then I just realize it's not working correctly for me. I just did a test. I put 'test 1' on this opponent on computer 1 and 'test 2' on the same opponent on computer 2 but it's not 'merging' the notes like it should.

I'm not even sure if I'm trying to sync the notes the right way. Any help?

netsrak
07-20-2010, 03:39 AM
I found this answer in an old thread where Roy explained how the notes export/import works:

Hi, it will actually either ignore or append the note. What it does is it looks to see if the imported note is already part of the current note and if so it ignore. If not it will append to the existing note.

So ,if in the DB a player has a note "he is a fish" and then you try to import a note that simply says "fish" it will ignore it since "fish" is contained within "he is a fish". If the imported note said "fishy" then his new note would be

"he is a fish
fishy"

Roy

etay0330
09-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Sorry to have to revisit this topic again. For some reason I can't seem to get things to work correctly. I sort of gave up on it since I don't play much on my laptop. But I travel more frequent now and need to play more on my laptop and most of my notes are on my desktop so I need to find a way to make sure the notes are transferred properly.

Most of my new notes seem to transfer just fine. It's notes that I updated that I'm having problem with. Let's say I have a 2 line note on a player and added a 3rd line to it. When I transfer the note over to my laptop it doesn't seem to get updated. When I open the exportednotefile by using Notepad I can see the 3rd line in that file. But when I replay a hand in the hand replayer the hud doesn't show the 3rd line.

I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.

netsrak
09-14-2010, 04:16 AM
Thats a bug in the replayer, he doesn't refresh the notes during a session.

Please try to restart HM and check the notes again. They should be there now.

etay0330
09-14-2010, 05:09 AM
I just restarted HM and reimport the note file 3 times. Weird thing is it says 6 notes updated each time and after i restart HM it would say the same thing again. And the test note I set up was still not updated.

netsrak
09-14-2010, 09:55 AM
There is already a bug report about this in our system. So i hope it will be fixed in the next releases. But i can't give you an ETA as it has not the highest priority.

dirtylobster
11-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Is it at all possible to make a change to have all the notes in a separate file which could then be synced across many computers? It would solve a lot of problems.

I made a suggestion here: Notes in external file (http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/forums/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions/suggestions/1229581-notes-in-external-file)