PDA

View Full Version : Problem opening HEM

johco
07-19-2010, 12:03 AM
I believe my computer got infected with a virus yesterday and as a result, I can no longer connect to the internet with that computer. I also can't open HEM. When I go to do it, a message pops up that says, "failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1" I hit OK and then the main screen of HEM pops up (import folder, import file screen) for just 1 second and than goes away. Then the Database Control panel comes up and I hit Connect. A message pops up that says "Postgre under able to start the service, would you like HEM to start the service?" I hit ok and it says, "unable to start service."

I'm positive this has something to do with the virus. I'm planning on reinstalling windows but I would like to export my database first.

netsrak
07-19-2010, 03:33 AM
This problem is caused by the postgresql service which not running / starting.

Please look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder. If its there please delete it and reboot your computer.

If that doesn't help please check our FAQ: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

johco
07-19-2010, 02:54 PM
No luck with any of the solutions in the link.

Seems like postgres just won't start. Is there a way to extract my database from a file on my harddrive? Or anyway to get to the database without having to open HEM? Not sure how this works.

Do you figure any of this could be a result of not being able to connect to internet or the result of some sort of virus?

netsrak
07-20-2010, 03:26 AM
It has nothing to do with the internet but a virus could damage files.

The whole database is saved in the data subfolder of your postgresql installation.
You can try to uninstall postgresql (this doesn't affect the data folder) and reinstall the same version and try to connect to the data folder again:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)