PDA

View Full Version : Help purging observed hands please

dackjaniels
07-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi,

I have tried purging observed hands using the settings / observed HH options. When I click the Purge Hands button to kick off the process, nothing seems to happen.
Should there be any further messages or a progress bar? HEM seems to freeze and if I click anywhere on it, it greys out and (Not responding) is shown in the title bar.

Option I have checked are to keep hands that saw showdown, and to keep hands played by myself at Full Tilt.

I also tried using the option of hands played by [my alias] at all poker sites.

I am using HEM 1.11.03 Internal

Thanks.

_Loki_
07-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Hi DJ

Option I have checked are to keep hands that saw showdown, and to keep hands played by myself at Full Tilt.
I also tried using the option of hands played by [my alias] at all poker sites. I am using HEM 1.11.03 Internal

###
I am on 1.11.02b & I presume that your screens are the same as mine...
This part of HM is really confusing & I don't understand why import & purge options have been put together like this - bad idea. IF I HAVE UNDERSTOOD HOW IT WORKS THAT IS

#############################################
Below is how I THINK it works
#############################################
Please look at this FAQ including the pictures:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Observed Hand History Configuration (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/196/Observed+Hand+History+Configuration)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE FIRST DIALOG = IMPORT
The top picture is the dialog for 'Observed Hand History Configuration' IMPORT options & that's where you seem to have selected your purge options...
"Insert Observed Hand Histories Meeting Any of these Requirements:
Here you can choose to only IMPORT hands that...
** are greater than X amount of Big Blinds...for tournaments you can also limit the size in chips instead of Big Blinds
** saw Flop column and Holdem Manager will only IMPORT hands that saw the flop
** saw a showdown http://1.2.3.13/bmi/faq.holdemmanager.com/images/settings-o.png
~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE SECOND DIALOG = PURGE
###
When you click on the button named 'Purge Hand History Options' in the bottom left of the first dialog you get to the 'Purge Observed Hand Histories' dialog.The Purge Hand History Option here removes the Hand History, but keeps the stats.
For example, let’s say we have 100 hands on a player and purge them using this option. We can still see the players VPIP is 32 and his 3bet% was 10 etc., but we can’t review any of the Hand Histories in the Hand Replayer as those details have been deleted. The advantage to this is being able to keep the HUD stats while downsizing the overall size of your Holdem Manager database.

http://1.2.3.9/bmi/faq.holdemmanager.com/images/observed-hand-history-02.jpg
<w:wrap></w:wrap>

Pretty simple here – Just enter the parameters you want to filter by and click the Purge Hand Histories button in the bottom right...

###

dackjaniels
07-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Hi Loki,

I appreciate you taking the time to explain, however I am doing things as you describe. I did in fact follow the FAQ you linked to.

After choosing my settings (on 2nd screen in FAQ) I click Purge Hand Histories but it seems like nothing is happening.
I would expect perhaps a progress bar showing that the purging is in progress (I am purging many 10's of thousands of hand histories) but HEM just sits there.
If I click anywhere on the settings window it says not responding. It may be that HEM is in fact purging the hands and it will take a very long time so in the meantime HEM will be unresponsive.

I suppose my question is should I just leave it and see what happens or should I be seeing some sort of confirmation that the purging is underway?

I'll try it again and leave it overnight and see if it works.

Thanks again.

_Loki_
07-16-2010, 08:59 PM
DJ - You wrote this:

...keep hands that saw showdown...
which made me think you had selected some options from the first screen, because I didn't see that option in the second screen, but I see now the option is there as well. This also threw me: "and to keep hands played by myself at Full Tilt. I also tried using the option of hands played by [my alias] at all poker sites". You did say "tried" though :)

I'm not sure how long it should take to purge many 10k's of observed hands, but I would have thought a lot less than this

Sorry I can't help you more. I agree that there needs to be more use of progress bars in HM.

dackjaniels
07-17-2010, 07:32 AM
After leaving the purge run overnight I awoke today to a message something like...
"1.8 million hands have been marked for deletion press continue to delete them"

Not sure how long this actually took, it could have been 20 mins or 5 hours :)

After confirming the message I quickly got another message saying the hands were deleted and I should vacuum / analyze to reclaim space.

HEM was working fine all along but the lack of a progress indicator does make it more difficult to realise it is working as it should when tasks take some time to finish.

Cheers Loki :)