PDA

View Full Version : Postgre 9.0 Beta

speedyworm
07-16-2010, 02:27 PM
I am planning on uninstalling HEM deleting all of my Postgre databases uninstalling Postgre and get everything up to date...

I checked the postgre website it says Postgre 9.0 beta 3 is released... WIll this work well with HEM? if not... what version of postgre do you recommend?

_Loki_
07-16-2010, 04:46 PM
###
I've had a look & it sounds interesting. It has 64bit windows support for example:
PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org/) :-

It also says this: "PostgreSQL 9.0 beta 3 release now available. The third beta release for PostgreSQL version 9.0 is now available. This beta contains numerous fixes and several changes since beta 2. Please download, install, and test it so that we can move towards final release of 9.0"

###
Here:
PostgreSQL: News: PostgreSQL 9.0 Beta 3 Now Available (http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.1220)
It says: "Betas are not stable and should never be used in production; they are for testing only. Additional beta releases, or a release candidate, will be available for testing in a few weeks"

###
So IMO - leave alone at least until 9.0 isn't a beta...

###

speedyworm
07-16-2010, 04:53 PM
So I should get whatever version that isn't beta before this one?

_Loki_
07-16-2010, 05:44 PM
###
just download the 80Mb (HM + postgreSQL combo) full Installer (1.11.02b) from the bottom left of this page:
Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps (http://www.holdemmanager.com/store/downloads-manuals.php)

It's very easy to install. You only have to click a few buttons...
The postgreSQL it contains is 8.4.1.1 (or something :) ) & it's just about the previous version to the one you're considering
No point in seeking anything later than what's in the combo now

###
After you've downloaded, installed & set it up...

it might be worth upgrading the HM part to 1.11.03 which is a simple job of downloading & letting it install over the top of 1.11.02b

###

speedyworm
07-16-2010, 08:36 PM
It looks like.. the installer auto created a database for me and HEM? I was wondering what the default password/ username you guys set it as so i can vacuum my database and stuff after a while...

I also had another problem that wasn't solved before and I didn't think it was important enough to reinstall everything.. Since i reinstalled everything and created new databasese the problem still persists.. Should I make a new thread?

Basically it's the 'Session' tab. Under there when I click on individual sessions it would not show any of my played hands at the bottom for me to do a session review. I've read this thread and tried everything it said to do in there but still cannot fix it. Reinstalled just now everything including upgrading postgre to 8.4 the problem is still there... any chance you guys figured out what was causing this?

_Loki_
07-16-2010, 09:15 PM
###
Stay in this thread. Don't start any more threads !! :)

###
New Database:
Yes it did - I said that earlier in this thread

###
Password:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Password Issues (PostgreSQL) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/82/Password+Issues+%28PostgreSQL%29)

###
Session problem:
Just confirm you are talking about this & we can go from there ?

hey guys i recently fixed my HEM removed some lag issues. My computer has been having problems i changed the start up to booting only necesarry services including postgre...

HEM is up and running. Hud is out however... it says 0 hands played forevery player which is not true.... And all the stats are just blank. Nothing is being recorded.

And i go under my session tab. Click refresh. It will not show how much I've won/ lost and it wouldn't show it in my hud either when i hover my mouse over my username...

I checked my HEM archive folder. all the hands I played today is in there. All my import folders are set up correctly i think.. But none of my stats/ earnings/ graphs are updating in the Report section and no new stats for villains are being tracked. After playing 10 hands with a villain. the hud is there but it's all blank. Says Villain name and hand sample= 0 hands played

###

speedyworm
07-16-2010, 09:19 PM
I have fixed the lag issue. Also fixed the session problem where the database was not updating.. That is fixed.

The other problem. It's for the Hand histories under individual sessions. It does not show ANY hands down there. I've removed all filters. Selected All hands and tried everything possible. I have teamviewer if you can helhp me out that way if that is faster.

As for all other issues they are now fixed... just the sessions tab not showing any hands. After that's fixed I will be all taken care of :)

_Loki_
07-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Try post #2 in this thread >>>> http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/33640-view-hands.html#post161650

speedyworm
07-16-2010, 09:32 PM
have tried that link you sent me just now. no luck :S im on AIm/ MSN/ Skype want to teamview me real quick to see the problem?

_Loki_
07-16-2010, 09:48 PM
I can't do that. I'm away from home using a netbook with 56kbps & soon eating out :)

I don't understand how this can be...

OS ? If it's win7 or Vista have you sorted out UAC & permissions ?
Approx how many hands on this new DB ?

speedyworm
07-16-2010, 09:57 PM
I am using Vista 32bit

I have UAC t urned off

New database now so only about 20 hands.