PDA

View Full Version : hud abbreviations not coming off on laptop

nemeelucas
07-16-2010, 01:35 AM
for some reason the hud display won't allow me to take the abbreviations off.

I left the box under appearances unchecked.

Is there something else I could be doing to take the abbreviations for the hud?

The Minder
07-16-2010, 01:53 AM
It appears that if you're using a current version, this is a known bug.

netsrak
07-16-2010, 06:29 AM
Fixed in this pre-release: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/33500-1-11-03-pre-release.html

nemeelucas
07-18-2010, 12:42 AM
I followed the link and tried the new update, same problem persists.

- Lucas

netsrak
07-19-2010, 03:56 AM
Is your HM displaying version 1.11.03 internal in the title?

nemeelucas
07-19-2010, 04:09 AM
Is your HM displaying version 1.11.03 internal in the title?

yes it says 1.11.03 part II

The Minder
07-19-2010, 04:41 AM
and like I said, the bug is still there!

netsrak
07-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Ok, i'll forward it

B-Money
07-19-2010, 02:01 PM
and like I said, the bug is still there!

I'm doing everything I possibly can to duplicate this and can't duplicate it. I've created new HUD's etc, but it appears to be working here. Can one of you post a prefs.xml file so i can look at your specific configuration?

-B

The Minder
07-19-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm doing everything I possibly can to duplicate this and can't duplicate it. I've created new HUD's etc, but it appears to be working here. Can one of you post a prefs.xml file so i can look at your specific configuration?

-B

as requested

B-Money
07-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks a ton The Minder

Super easy to duplicate with this prefs.xml file.

I'll try to get this fixed squeezed in for the .03 release. First thing is first and that's Programming debugging it. It should be a simple fix though.

Thanks,
-B

B-Money
07-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Hmm, I spoke too soon. I was being an idiot and was changing the default HUD settings when you have a specific Replayer HUD

I'm testing in the replayer. Once I made the default HUD the replayer HUD and starting checking and unchecking the Show Abbreviations they were showing and not showing fine. I also went back and made your replayer HUD the default replayer HUD and things worked fine again.

Do you have specific reproduction steps? IE - Play on this site and use the HUDFTP for your HUD. Then click the Show Abbreviations name.

Thanks again for your patience on this.

The Minder
07-19-2010, 10:35 PM
@ B

Hey m8, forget about the replayer side. That was just for chits and giggles. I use the replayer about once in 6 months (mainly because it is so sucky for tournies). However, on the normal HUD side it's a real pain not being able to save changes.

B-Money
07-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Just tested on FT and everything works. I rolled back to "1.11.03 Internal PartII" and tested as well. Same Results, the "fthcash" HUD has the Show Abbreviation checkbox working.

Anyone with the issue who still has .03 Internal PartII and wants the Abbreviations removed, feel free to post your prefs.xml and I'll manually edit it and that should put that checkbox to off.

Not sure what else I can do at this point.

The Minder
07-20-2010, 12:09 AM
In my case, the fonts for the stats are not being saved. I assumed this was (almost) the same issue as the OP in that 'something' wasn't being saved from the HUD config.

B-Money
07-20-2010, 12:49 AM
In my case, the fonts for the stats are not being saved. I assumed this was (almost) the same issue as the OP in that 'something' wasn't being saved from the HUD config.

I see your font issue now. Mine is changing just half of the fonts... Odd. I'll write that up.

Fairly sure the Show Abbreviation thing is just a minor user error. If it was widespread this wouldn't be the only thread about it.

OP, I suggest you look at the dropdown at the top where you edit the HUDs and make sure you are checking and unchecking "Show Abbreviations" in the correct HUD. If you have more than 1 HUD you need to make sure you are editing the correct HUD.

-B

B-Money
07-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Minder,

Actually, upon further review I see nothing wrong with your prefs file.

You've assigned custom fonts in the stats tab. Then you change the font on the appearance tab and it appears to be broken? This is because you have a custom font set in the Stats tab and that will override the global font change you do in the Appearance Tab.

To fix it, just click the font button in the Stats tab and click cancel. That will change the font box to "Choose Font" and when you change the font in the Appearance Tab, that stat will now change with it.

GL,
-B

The Minder
07-20-2010, 08:10 PM
To fix it, just click the font button in the Stats tab and click cancel. That will change the font box to "Choose Font" and when you change the font in the Appearance Tab, that stat will now change with it.

GL,
-B

Sorry, that doesn't work either. I did the 'cancel' thing on 'choose font' in the stats tab and that part worked fine. When I tried to set a font in the appearance tab it kept resetting itself back to the same original bolded font. Tbh, I'm about to give up entirely on HEM. The hastles of keeping up with stuff that 'should work' but don't work are costing me too much in time and money.

If OP is also of a mind, this thread can be closed.