PDA

View Full Version : Stat confusion

You Are All Nerds
09-28-2012, 11:50 AM
If you look at the stats in the players reports, there are a lot of very confusing stats.
Take for example the postflop/turn could cbet report, what does the "bet call"-stat (and the likes) actually mean? Who bets, who calls? Let's say the selected player bets, is the "call" then the other player's call? But a stat like "check-fold" must only be the selected player's actions, so how then do we know which action belongs to which player? Or is it that the selected player checks then other player bets, then selected player calls? But surely that must be the check-call stat. Or is it that the selected player bets then the other player raises and then the selected player calls? Feels more like the "raise-call" stat to me. Or finally is it when the other player calls flop, donks turn and selected player calls? Label-wise that feels like the most logical explanation, but since that play is so extremely rare I don't think that cold be it.
As I said it's all very confusing and these stats are all over the reports and their seem to be no explanations for them anywhere.
Thankful for any help I can get.
Cheers

You Are All Nerds
09-28-2012, 12:13 PM
On a similar note, why show the "Bet%" (which I guess is total, IP and OOP) combined with "Bet UO% wPos"? Then we can't know the "Bet OOP" stat, since we don't know the distribution of hands IP relative to OOP. And the "Bet OOP" stat feels like the most logical to show next to "Bet UO% wPos" doesn't it?

fozzy71
09-29-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the stats and I apologize for the delay. I have escalated this to our 2nd level support techs and have explained the issues you are having and they will be in touch shortly to help resolve the problem.

You Are All Nerds
10-03-2012, 01:01 PM
I'll try to phrase this in more general terms. When a stat consists of two actions (for example "bet raise") and it doesn't make sense that both actions belong to the same player (which it does in a stat like "check raise"), then how can we tell which action belongs to which player? Is it always for example that the first action belongs to the selected player, or is there any other logic behind it?

random
10-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Hello 'You Are All Nerds',

All of the stats with '-' in their name imply action got back to same player and he acted again. That happens when your bet gets raised, or if you check and someone else bets.

Bet-Fold = This stat shows you how often you fold to a raise after betting.

For example: You bet, Opponent Raises, You Fold. Bet-Fold stat shows how often you fold in this spot.
You would use this stat, when you are wondering how opponent reacts to a raise after he bets.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

You Are All Nerds
10-03-2012, 03:52 PM
So "Raise Raise" means, other player bets - selected player (you or someone else you're studying) raises - other player reraises - selected player rereraises?

random
10-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Exactly, it's always describing actions of selected player.

You Are All Nerds
10-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Ok thanks!