PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL isn't installing, and "failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1"

Ben
07-15-2010, 07:20 PM
I know i'm not the only one to have had this problem, and having searched the FAQ and stickys on the forum, i am still yet to come to a solution...

OK, i bought HEM, downloaded the combo installer, and when it comes to installing PostgreSQL, it has an error near the end of the process and doesn't complete the installation fully.

When i open Holdem Manager it comes up with the error msg itt title.

It seems like i've tried it all, uninstalling, reinstalling, firewall settings, User accounts, downloading the PostgreSQL separately from their website, disabling my microsoft security.

What do i do? how do i get it to install on my computer? i have windows vista fwiw.. Help me pleaseeee! :(

Ben
07-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Wow... done it!

ok, if anyone else was having the same problem as me, dont bother trying everything like i did, you'll only waste half your life...

ok, this was in a sticky, but was last on the list, and basically the only thing i hadn't tried... I don't think it is explained brilliantly for the lesser capable computer users, so i will add to it...

If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:
A) Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
PHP Code:
net user postgres /delete

- This bit confused me a little as when i right clicked, the run as admin option wasnt given, so i just ignored that, and copy and pasted the PHP code into the black box, and pressed enter, it says successful when it is complete. Then just follow the other two steps, and try running HEM again, and if your lucky like i was, it should work!
B) Reboot.
C) Try installing this version of PostgreSQL - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Pos...3.9-v1.0.7.exe

Hope this helps other non computer whizz's

morny
07-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Glad you got it sorted Ben!

BARCAMAGIC
07-18-2010, 04:40 AM
I just bought HEM and I am getting the same thing as above. I did the same things and nothing. The link above does not work. Please help!!

_Loki_
07-18-2010, 06:21 AM
...I am getting the same thing as above...The link above does not work...
I don't understand your post because 'above' could mean anything depending on how you set up your forum views

I will try & answer in the thread you started here:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/33680-i-just-bought-hem-mang-i-cant-install-postgre.html