PDA

View Full Version : Redline for filters

Quadchrazs
09-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Hi,

I play alot of 6-9man tournaments which ahve a working redline in the Results tab in the Tourney tab. Is there anyway to display the redline on a filtered sample.

for example 5-5 players redline, 6-6 player redline, 4 to 4 players left redline etc . I dont seem to be able to do this in the results tab and the reports tab. Only thing i can see for different amount of players/different amount of big blinds or whatever filter I want in the reports tab is the chipEV and actuall won chips but not filter samples and get then redline$ for a specific move that you make

thanks for answering

Patvs
09-27-2012, 11:33 PM
The 'redline' is your 'Luck Adjusted Winnings': it comprises of all your EV Diffs + the outcome ($Won) of the game.
The EV Diff value changes based on the ICM, and on how many players are left: a big coinflip hand in the bubble will result in a much larger EV Diff, than if you are in a coinflip in the early stages of the game for all your chips.

As a result, it isn't really fair to filter out 5-5 players, 6-6 players (or for example filter out a specific blind level) as the hands you filter out, have no real meaning, without all the OTHER hands and the outcome of the game.
(similarly the cEV reports are pretty useless for ALL tournies)

Extreme Example:
Let's suppose you play a $10 6max STT.
1th hand (6-handed) you win KK vs AA
in the bubble (3-handed) you lose with AA vs KK and are eliminated in 3th place.
After winning KK vs AA you end up with $20 in equity, your equity was only $4 (20% of $20), so the hand results in a EV Diff of -$16.
AA vs KK (you have a 80% to end up with $30 in equity, and 20% to end up with $0, so you have +$24 equity. You lose the hand and end up with $0 equity. (EV Diff is +$24)
Luck Adjusted Winnings (LAW) is: -$16 -(-$10) + $24 = +$18

If you filter out 6-6 handed, what will this show you exactly?
It will show you EV Diff -$16 (and you lost the game) for a LAW of +$6. (-$16 - (-$10))
3-3 handed EV Diff of +$24, for a LAW of +$34 ($24- (-$10))

Quadchrazs
09-27-2012, 11:42 PM
regardless if its fair or not and some filters can be biased to having a good redline result or negative, it will still be a very handy feature to look how things change over time if u adjused ur strategies and such. chipev stats are available too

let the players self find out how to use this feature and not beforehand not make it because some programmers see it can give biased results....

netsrak
09-28-2012, 05:59 AM
We will do no software changes or add new features to HM1. So it just works as it is.

Quadchrazs
09-28-2012, 06:23 AM
We will do no software changes or add new features to HM1. So it just works as it is.

its not a software change its just a stat for the reports?

what am i missing here?

and by the way its also a stat that can be implementen in hm2 dont see the need for distinction

i feel that last comment is pretty rude and not explaining anything at all..

fozzy71
09-28-2012, 08:55 PM
its not a software change its just a stat for the reports?

what am i missing here?

and by the way its also a stat that can be implementen in hm2 dont see the need for distinction

i feel that last comment is pretty rude and not explaining anything at all..

The reply you got was short and too the point and I don't think it was necessarily rude. HM1 only receives critical fixes to existing features now that HM2 has been released so we will not be adding any new stats/features to HM1. HM2 is the only one that will be getting new features.

I think you can do what you want in HM2 with a combination of the filters and the popout graph in the reports to show your chip EV, unlike the winnings graph which shows the $EV. If I am misunderstanding your request (which is very possible since EV is not my best area) feel free to request it in our HM2 requests forum - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/feature-requests-feedback/