PDA

View Full Version : HM fails to import FTP cash game file

goes
07-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Hi,

I have HM pro version, bought several months ago and worked very well until yesterday. When I play FTP cash FR game yesterday with my HH open, my computer was frozen so I had to press the power button to restart it. After that my HH fails to import FTP cash HH. The HH file is in the right place, I can see it. first the HM says did not find any new files, try later in 5 seconds. Later I find the HH file is gone. but I could not find any hands in HM. However I tried several tournament and the tournament hands have been successfully imported into HM. so Basically, since yesterday, cash game HH file does not work but tournament file works.

I am using windows 7
All HM exe run as admin
I created new database and tried the import, same thing.
I downloaded the latest HM version, same thing
I am IT person, I login to database using pgAdmin III and find no new cash hands, only new tournament hands.

Any idea? thanks for you help!

_Loki_
07-15-2010, 01:52 AM
Hi Goes - I'm really confused by your post. It might just be me though :)

You don't say if your HUD works or doesn't work for cash. Perhaps you could explain the path you mean when you write things like "The HH file is in the right place" ?

** Do you get a HUD in cash games now ?
** When you look here :- "C:\HMArchive" do you see any cash HH files from todays games ?

...FTP cash FR game...with my HH open
You mean with this open ? :- FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Hand History (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/42/Hand+History)
Or this "C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\" ?
Or you mean HM open ?
Or "C:\HMArchive" open ?

...computer frozen...power button restart. After that my HH fails to import FTP cash HH"my HH fails to import FTP cash" What do you mean by HH here ?
Do you get the HUD on the table ?

The HH file is in the right place, I can see it. first the HM says did not find any new files, try later in 5 seconds. Later I find the HH file is gone. but I could not find any hands in HM. However I tried several tournament and the tournament hands have been successfully imported into HMYou can see it here ? :- "C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HUD Data"
Or you can see it somewhere else ?

win 7. pgAdmin III no new cash hands, only new tournament handsOK

goes
07-15-2010, 08:15 AM
hi sorry for the confusion. :) try to make it clear this time. thank you for your help!

the path you mean when you write things like "The HH file is in the right place" ?
-- the path is C:\Program Files\FTPO\HandHistory\pdlx
FTPO is my FTP installation folder. pdlx is my ID in FTP. As I said it's been working well for several months. The HH files are always in this folder first then moved to Archive folder.

--yes. HUD still show data, but no more new data.

** When you look here :- "C:\HMArchive" do you see any cash HH files from todays games ?
--Yes. after the file was removed from C:\Program Files\FTPO\HandHistory\pdlx, it appears in C:\HMArchive. however, I could not see my hand through HM.

When my computer was frozen, I have ftp cash game running and have HM HUD runnning.

I did not check "C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HUD Data". I have C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager and C:\Program Files\RVG Software\HM. do you mean C:\Program Files\RVG Software\HM? I can check it later today when I play.

Hi Goes - I'm really confused by your post. It might just be me though :)

You don't say if your HUD works or doesn't work for cash. Perhaps you could explain the path you mean when you write things like "The HH file is in the right place" ?

You mean with this open ? :- FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Hand History (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/42/Hand+History)
Or this "C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\" ?
Or you mean HM open ?
Or "C:\HMArchive" open ?

"my HH fails to import FTP cash" What do you mean by HH here ?
Do you get the HUD on the table ?

You can see it here ? :- "C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HUD Data"
Or you can see it somewhere else ?

OK

netsrak
07-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Holdemmanager usually don't create a ...\HM folder. So it seems like you changed the installation path and have now 2 versions of holdemmanager installed.

Please check the HM version in the title of the main window and make sure you are using the latest version (1.11.02b).

goes
07-15-2010, 05:24 PM
hi, thank you for you reply! Yes you are right. I do have 2 version of holdemmanager installed. I update HM version(1.11.02b) and make sure the exe have the admin permission and still get message:

Auto updated did dnot find any neww files...
Trying again in 5 seconds...

I can see my hand files in C:\Program Files\FTPO\HandHistory\pdlx and this time HM just does not pick it. :confused::confused:

Please help!!!

Holdemmanager usually don't create a ...\HM folder. So it seems like you changed the installation path and have now 2 versions of holdemmanager installed.

Please check the HM version in the title of the main window and make sure you are using the latest version (1.11.02b).

morny
07-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Please see this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work) and answer any questions that apply to you so we can narrow down what the issue is

goes
07-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks for your reply, this really frustrate me as it worked well before. Now only tournament file works but cash file does not. any difference between tournament with cash file? if we could not figure this out. what else can we do ther? re-sintall the HM and database? or some one can remote control to my machine and help me? :(:(:(:( please help!!

1.Hand Histories must be saved from your Poker Client to your hard drive.
--yes, I see it.
2.Table Manager must be running.
-- yes
3.Holdem Manager must know where your Poker Clients Hand Histories are. (Auto Import Folders)-- I set it up right there. tournement file works

•Turning off UAC-- turned off

1.What version of Holdem Manager are you using?
--1.11.02b
1.What poker site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than one site? --FTP
1.Which type of game(s) are you playing? (NL, FL, Omaha, SnGs, MTT)
--Cash FR and Rush cash game
1.Have you clicked on the Start Auto Import button?
--yes
1.Often times, it is one setting or option that's not correct in your poker client. Please see our Detailed FAQs on configuring Holdem Manager to work with poker sites to make sure your poker site is saving Hand History files.
-- config right. at least the tournement file works
1.Check to see if the hand histories are showing up in the folder that you configured in HM to auto import from.--yes
2.If you think the hands are importing the please go to the reports TAB, select your username and run a report with all filters off to confirm they have imported.-- the problem the reports does not show the hand. I login to DB and could not find the hand either.
1.If the hand histories show up in the auto import folders, but they're not importing into the database, please create a new database and try importing some hands to test if it's a corrupt database. FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database)
-- I did create a new database and could not get cash files imported.
1.Have you tried the Table Finder and did it work? FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Configuring Table Finder to Show HUD (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/60/Configuring+Table+Finder+to+Show+HUD+)
--hud works, just could not import new cash files.
1.If you open the hand history files, are they written in English?
--English
1.Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder. It may be just called holdemmanager if youve extenstions turned off.

--attached.

netsrak
07-16-2010, 06:10 AM
For me your configuration looks fine and it seems that the hands for the cash games are imported (as the Hud is working) but you don't see them in the reports.
If we are talking about rush cash game this might be a filter issue. Please clear all your filters (even if you have no filters defined). The rush hands have a separate limit which needs the filters to be cleared once.

goes
07-16-2010, 01:27 PM
hi, thank you for your reply. could you tell me how to clear the filter?

I just repeat the problem here again so hope we can have some clue: HUD always works, display data when I play cash or tournament games. When I play the cash game( no matter it is regular FR or rush FR), my cash game hands could not get imported into HM. However, if I play tournament game, I see the hands in HM.

I login to postgresql, query the handhistories table, I can see all previous cash game hands before the problem occured and all new tournament hands. NO new cash game hands though.

:(:(:(

For me your configuration looks fine and it seems that the hands for the cash games are imported (as the Hud is working) but you don't see them in the reports.
If we are talking about rush cash game this might be a filter issue. Please clear all your filters (even if you have no filters defined). The rush hands have a separate limit which needs the filters to be cleared once.

netsrak
07-16-2010, 01:51 PM
sorry, i overlooked that you already checked the database via pgadmin. But i think handhistories is not the right tables - its pokerhands.

To clear the filters again click on the filters button and select clear. After this refresh the report data.

speedyworm
07-16-2010, 02:37 PM
i believe im having this same exact problem. I created a new thread but I saw this just now...

Stats and stuff work for SNG/ MTTs but no new cash database is imported... anything to do with the new FTP update?

goes
07-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Hi, I cleared the HM filters but still does not work. I checked the table pokerhands and found table pokerhands contains more entry than table handhistories. I guess that pokerhands and handhistories should be one to one mapping based on pokerhand_id. I found they were indeed one to one mapping until the problem occurs. Right now, the pokerhands has more entry than handhistories. I am guessing the hands are imported into pokerhands but failed to import into handhistories.

If I want to un-install and re-install the HM or PostgreSQL, what should I do? any suggestions?

thanks again for your help!

sorry, i overlooked that you already checked the database via pgadmin. But i think handhistories is not the right tables - its pokerhands.

To clear the filters again click on the filters button and select clear. After this refresh the report data.

goes
07-17-2010, 01:00 PM
HI I am thinking un-install and re-install the HM or PostgreSQL. which should I work on first? do you have any instructions? how to export the serial number?

:(:(:(

thanks for your help!

Hi, I cleared the HM filters but still does not work. I checked the table pokerhands and found table pokerhands contains more entry than table handhistories. I guess that pokerhands and handhistories should be one to one mapping based on pokerhand_id. I found they were indeed one to one mapping until the problem occurs. Right now, the pokerhands has more entry than handhistories. I am guessing the hands are imported into pokerhands but failed to import into handhistories.

If I want to un-install and re-install the HM or PostgreSQL, what should I do? any suggestions?

thanks again for your help!

morny
07-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Hi,

If your doing a clean reinstall or moving HM to a new computer you should consider the following.

Export and Import your Hand Histories
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands)

Export Your Notes
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/notes-02.jpg

Export Your Bonuses and Rakeback - Options > Rakeback & Bonuses http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/rakeback-bonuses-01.jpg

Export any tourney summaries by selecting all your tournaments in the Data View Sub-Tab of the Tourney > Results Menu and choose Export Tourney Results and summaries

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/tourney-data-view-01.jpg

See this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Registration Benefits (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/26/Registration+Benefits) on how to reset your code

and finally
FAQ]FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstalling HEM without Losing Preferences (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/99/Reinstalling+HEM+without+Losing+Preferences+) - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software - Reinstalling HEM without Losing Preferences