PDA

View Full Version : new laptop, reinstalled, can't restore backed up dbase

shuinthehouse
07-14-2010, 05:29 PM
When I go to restore it does not recognize my backup dbases, which are named e.g. HEM dbase backup 05-06-10.backup.

I renamed one HEM dbase backup 12-09-09.hembk as that seems like the format it is looking for, and it shows up as an option. But when I select it to restore the wizard crashes and I get the HoldemManagerBackup has encountered a problem and needs to close. We're sorry for the inconvenience. With the option to report the problem to Microsoft.

Any advice appreciated.

morny
07-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Did you backup with the backup/restore tool or did you just do a normal backup, sounds like you used postgreSQL to create a .backup which is a completely different format to hembk, its a bit like changing a image file to .doc and trying to open it in word, there 2 completely different formats so it wont work.

Try using the restore method in this FAQ

shuinthehouse
07-14-2010, 09:11 PM
OK, that's the problem, I created the backups as PS dbase backups, not thru HEM. It's work laptop so old one is gone. At least I thought to save my preferences file so I was able to load that. I'll have to load all my hand histories manually.