PDA

View Full Version : Improve sorting rows in HM reports ?

_Loki_
07-13-2010, 10:25 PM
This is a question about the HM GUI really & not a suggestion yet - just want feedback - I've maybe missed a way to sort rows in reports that would achieve what I want :

###
** I've noticed reports where being able to edit the descriptions to include numerals (or letters) at the beginning of the description would enable a more rational ordering of rows
eg The 'Hand Groupings' report would benefit by numbering the descriptions in the 'Grouping' column
** This numbering thing is already done in a few other reports already...
eg in the 'Position' report the entries in the 'Position' column are named as follows: '1) small blind', '2) big blind', ... '6) button'

###
The standard Sklansky-Chubukov preflop ranges (& 3 other ranges) are found here in HM:
"C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config\PreflopRanges\"

I love this report:
Cash Games > Reports > Select Report Name from List: Holecards
& I was wondering if it would be possible to sort the top window by the Sklansky-Chubukov (or some other) ordering ?
In other words I want the option for rows in the top window to be in this (or some other) order from top to bottom if I want : AA ... 72

###
If there was an edit function in the 'Cards' column [or a new column next to it] where users can rename the description...
I could rename the descriptions in the cards column as '001 AA', '002 KK', ... '169 72' allowing me to sort by a number order that I determined. Furthermore - if desired the numerical part of the description might be made invisible so that I would only see 'AA', 'KK', ... '72'

###
The simplest approach MIGHT be to introduce an extra (blank) column to the left of all the top windows in reports
In this new column users can enter their own custom description for each row to facilitate sorting tailored to the users needs

###
QUESTIONS:
Does this idea have value for you ?
Can you think of improvements to this idea ?

###

a.k.a.Also
07-14-2010, 02:13 AM
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/custom-reports/26098-new-report-omaha-hi-detailed-hand-groupping.html

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/custom-reports/19695-hand-groupings-omaha8-b.html

These Omaha reports by Drunk Animal and Ozzinho both use the number prefix to enable sorting.
I haven't got around to amending the Holdem holecards report but it wouldn't be too difficult, just a little time consuming.

Just noticed first thread is titled Omaha Hi, but I reposted the O8 report in it ...doh!