PDA

View Full Version : FTP won't load

robspiers
07-13-2010, 02:20 PM
I recently bought a new PC with Windows 7. I installed HEM and following that FTP won't load for me.

When I first opened FTP it worked fine, but after I close and come to open agan, all I get is a blank FTP error box.

If I reinstall FTP it will open, but as soon as I close I get the blank error box problem again.

I have contacted FTP support and they clam that they have had this problem with several players who have HEM installed. I've searched for threads on this but can't find anything.

Pretty sure this happened when I downloaded the latest HEM update on my old PC so I just reverted to an older version. I can't find any links to previous versions this time though.

Anyone know whats going wrong?

morny
07-13-2010, 10:29 PM
It would be highly unlikely HM would cause this error, simple way to see if its HM is to uninstall HM and reinstall and see if the problem persists

robspiers
07-14-2010, 03:17 AM
It would be highly unlikely HM would cause this error, simple way to see if its HM is to uninstall HM and reinstall and see if the problem persists

I uninstalled both FTP and HEM. I restarted my computer and installed FTP only.

I can open and close FTP as many times as I like and there is no problem now.

As I said, I have only had this problem with the latest version of HEM.

netsrak
07-14-2010, 02:28 PM
The only problem i know about is if you configure the ftp auto-import folder to c:\program files\fulltiltpoker instead of c:\program files\fulltiltpoker\handhistories (or your similar installation path) problems like this may occur.

chuckwood
01-22-2011, 02:43 AM
Had exactly the same issue with Party Poker. Bought a new PC with Windows 7 and all the text disappeared.
Contacted support and they told me to install the software in to c:\ instead of the default directory C:\Program Files (x86)\PartyGaming which worked, but still kinda flaky, but text did come back.

Patvs
01-22-2011, 04:55 AM
You can install PartyPoker to C:\Program Files (x86)\PartyGaming.

But make sure if saves the handhistories to: C:\Program Files (x86)\PartyGaming\Handhistory

And C:\Program Files (x86)\PartyGaming\Handhistory is added as the import folder in HoldemManager.

If you add C:\Program Files (x86)\PartyGaming (don't do that!) as the import folder, HoldemManager will move other .txt files in other PartyPoker subfolders, that are needed by the PartyPoker client to function.