PDA

View Full Version : Missing linebreaks in notes

benthj
07-12-2010, 06:36 PM
When I write notes on my opponents, I use linebreaks to seperate fx a 3-bet note from a 4-bet note.

However, everytime I open the notes, the linebreaks has been deleted, and all the notes look totally disorganised.

Can you fix this, as I assume its not the intention?

I corresponds to the above post looking like this:

When I write notes on my opponents, I use linebreaks to seperate fx a 3-bet note from a 4-bet note.
However, everytime I open the notes, the linebreaks has been deleted, and all the notes look totally disorganised.
Can you fix this, as I assume its not the intention?

morny
07-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi,

its i limitation of the system we use, we are planning on improving it for a better solution

fenhir
07-21-2010, 03:31 AM
Hi,

its i limitation of the system we use, we are planning on improving it for a better solution

When you are improving the notes-system... How about something which totally improves HEM compared to Poker Tracker 3?

The IMHO most useful improvement would be to make the notes all HTML. As a first step pure HTML without an HTML-editor. So knowing users can copy/paste their HTML-code-notes in the notes-box. Imagine: We could use clickable links to villains blog, PTR-stats and so on... We could even include pictures... We could use bold, italic and so on... We could use tables... We could use forms to our own webserver... We could use pre-configured notes, which are the same for each player where we just have to write the essential informations and not the copy/paste the whole note-format again and again.

All you need is nearly on board with windows/.NET. A browser-engine could easily be included (but please dont use the Internet-Exploder).

And as a second step you can include a WYSIWYG-HTML-editor* in the notes-system. There are a lot free ans open-source ones.

You can do it! ;)

EDIT: *: With "WYSIWYG-HTML-editor" I mean such an editor like this one I am writing right now in the forum.

_Loki_
07-21-2010, 04:21 AM
brilliant !!

We could use clickable links to villains blog, PTR-stats and so on... We could even include pictures... We could use bold, italic and so on... We could use tables... We could use forms to our own webserver... We could use pre-configured notes, which are the same for each player where we just have to write the essential informations and not the copy/paste the whole note-format again and again

benthj
08-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Any update on this?

I have previoulsy also asked for non english letters, which still arent implemented almost a year after I asked, and I seem to remember that you would look into this, as it was a small thing to do.

morny
08-04-2010, 06:23 AM
Hi, yeah the non english letters caused some issues, i dont understand the programming issues but they had a lot of difficulty. I like Fenhir's ideas so ill put in a word to see if its something we can change to but it would obviously require a re-write of how we currently do notes so i dont have any accurate eta's as im not sure whats involved

a.k.a.Also
08-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Online Poker and the Intelligent Note (http://www.codingthewheel.com/archives/online-poker-and-the-intelligent-note)