PDA

View Full Version : Installation problems

ydontwenukeu
07-11-2010, 03:42 AM
Hi i am new to HEM and am currently having problems with installation. I attempt to install and towards the end I get an error message that says something like cannot install PostgreSQL on FAT32 must be NTFS. But the drive i am installing to is NTFS. I've tried removing all PostgreSQL and HEM files from the drive. Redownloading. And reinstalling. But still get the same error message. I am running Windows XP Home Service Pack 2. Any help would be great. Thanks

netsrak
07-11-2010, 05:16 AM
You need XP SVP3 to run Holdemmanager.

Please install this and try again. If the Postgresql installation still fails please download and install postgresql 8.4 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org). If this fails too try version 8.3

_Loki_
07-11-2010, 05:40 AM
###
Hi - seems very strange if you're sure you're not FAT32

###
Forget HM & postgreSQL for now because you're maybe miles behind on your Windows updates ? MS will stop supporting xp SP2 on 13th July (Tuesday :) )... unless you're the 1% of xp users who are on x64... ? If you are then I'm sorry I'm doing you an injustice :)

###
MICROSOFT QUOTE: Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) is an important update that includes previously released security, performance, and stability updates for Windows XP. The recommended (and easiest) way to get SP3 is to turn on Automatic Updates, which can automatically download SP3 when it's available for your computer. You just need a few clicks to begin the installation and the rest of the process is automatic. In order to install SP3, you must first have Windows XP Service Pack 1a (SP1a) or Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed. These are also available when you have Automatic Updates turned on.

###
You may have to visit Windows updates a few times to get absolutely up-to-date bacause some of the updates can only be installed when other missing updates have been installed & you've rebooted - this can take ages
Learn how to install Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3)

###