PDA

View Full Version : limped into unopened pot, BB raise filter doesn't work

BannedOak
07-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Hello,

I've been playing with filters at my 6max NL rush database and works fine except in two following setups:

1) - Position: Big blind
- Preflop action facing player: 1 limper
- Position of 1st limper: Small Blind
- Filter by actions: Filter by preflop actions: RAISE, RAISE FOLD, RAISE CALL, RAISE RAISE

This should produce the list of situations where SB limped into unopened pot and I raised from the BB, but the result list is empty.

2) - Position: Big blind
- Preflop action facing player: 2+ limpers
- Position of 1st limper: Button
- Filter by actions: Filter by preflop actions: RAISE, RAISE FOLD, RAISE CALL, RAISE RAISE

This should produce the list of situations where D and SB limped into unopened pot and I raised from the BB, but the result list is empty.

Am I doing something wrong or there is endeed an error in filters with these setups? My HEM version is Small Stakes 1.11.01.

Cheers

a.k.a.Also
07-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Hello,

I've been playing with filters at my 6max NL rush database and works fine except in two following setups:

- Preflop action facing player: 1 limper
- Position of 1st limper: Small Blind

This should produce the list of situations where SB limped into unopened pot and I raised from the BB, but the result list is empty.

2) - Position: Big blind
- Preflop action facing player: 2+ limpers
- Position of 1st limper: Button

This should produce the list of situations where D and SB limped into unopened pot and I raised from the BB, but the result list is empty.

Am I doing something wrong or there is endeed an error in filters with these setups? My HEM version is Small Stakes 1.11.01.

Cheers
1) is a problem because SB completing is not counted as a limp, so just checking Unopened in preflop action should work.

- Preflop action facing player: Unopened
- Position of 1st limper: Small Blind Uncheck this
2) seems to work ok for me

BannedOak
07-10-2010, 03:21 PM
First thing now works fine, second still doesn't

a.k.a.Also
07-10-2010, 04:28 PM
How many hands in your db? I only got 9 hands returned out of 68,000 for 2)
Perhaps I don't punish limpers enough?

Goes off to plug leaks ;)

BannedOak
07-10-2010, 06:05 PM
my base contains just 6k hands

a.k.a.Also
07-11-2010, 05:29 AM
First thing now works fine, second still doesn't

The only thing I can suggest is uncheck Position of 1st limper, and see if that returns some results.

Sometimes it is possible to specify too many conditions which either are not possible, or have not happened yet. Better to start fairly wide and then narrow it down.

_Loki_
07-11-2010, 06:01 AM
Sometimes it is possible to specify too many conditions which either are not possible, or have not happened yet. Better to start fairly wide and then narrow it down.

This is also the procedure for getting a a girlfriend if you're fat, ugly or broke (so I'm told)