PDA

View Full Version : Wont install!

pegglesman
07-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Hi girls and guys.

I have tried to install Holdem Manager with PostgreSQL and it always give me some error at the end that it couldnt install.
So I went trough the forum too see how I can fix this and I think I did everything that I saw..
But I didnt work, I also did download some others PostgreSQL and also the newest but It didnt work... I uninstalled my antivirus and tuneup and set defender and windows firewall off.. nothing, the same! So I just installed it again and said f*ck this.. But now I really want to tried so, can anybody help me?

Btw I have a "new computer" with fresh installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Plz. --- Best Regards! :)

netsrak
07-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Please try to download and install Postgresql 8.4 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org).

If that fails try version 8.3.

If you can't figure it out please give us the error message you get during this installations.

pegglesman
07-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Did it again after doing it 30 times.. and when its done with like 97% it give me

WARNING:
Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
The database cluster intialisation failed. :confused::confused: like always

Edit: Then I just pressed OK and let it finish.. and went to Holdem Manager
and It gave me this... (and it didnt work btw)

The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'

Database Control Panel - Connect to PostgreSQL -Holdem Manager needs to know where to find the database:
Servername: 127.0.0.1 - Port number: 5432 - Login name: postgres - Password: dbpass (the pw I wrote in install)

And I click connect then it comes " A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have HM attempt to start the service " I press YES and then it give me "Sorry, HM was unable to start the service - OK"

I dont know how to do this.. can you help me trough remote control??

morny
07-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Yeah if the PostgreSQL installation failed its going to keep giving those 127 errors, thats to be expected.

If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:
A) Go to Start > Programs (All Programs) > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click on command prompt and choose Run As Administrator
net user postgres /delete
B) Try installing this version of PostgreSQL - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Postgres_8.3.9-v1.0.7.exe

if that also fails Please follow step A again and try this version PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.17/win32/postgresql-8.2.17-1.zip)

pegglesman
07-10-2010, 03:55 PM
I downloaded Postgres 8.3.9 v1.0.7 and installed... when its done with like 65% it says in the console:

"Create folder: C:/Program files/PostgresSQL/8.3/data" .. and it were like that for ten minutes, obv frozen.

So i went to task manager and close it and downloaded 8.2 version and that one worked like a dream, so thank you guys! :):)