PDA

View Full Version : Sleek Tourney Hud Chk Out.

MarlboroAces
07-09-2010, 02:10 PM
let me know.

_Loki_
07-09-2010, 04:56 PM
you don't say what tourney type it is for

I'm mainly cash so I can't be sure of how useful the stats are that you have chosen, but I'm playing more tourneys so here are my personal preferences:
I don't see the same tourney player twice very often so I stick to the very basic stats

** Shorten Player name to 3 characters
** remove the abbreviation for 'Hands' - it's easy to remember that the number next to the name is number of hands
** Move the M stat to the top row or even put it on the table as a separate panel. Make the M stat much much larger (double size)
** Many of those stats are not useful for small samples - I would only use about 4 of those stats until I had 100's of hands on a player. So maybe you should use sample size to hide them ? Otherwise you could easily be misled by the stats...

just my opinion

MarlboroAces
07-09-2010, 07:58 PM
thanks for the input man.
i would incorporate the changes.
thanks

The Minder
07-10-2010, 01:34 AM
My 2c.

Experience has shown me that in most tournies bigger than an STT, the majority of the action happens pre-flop therefore VPIP/PFR are no brainers for a HUD. So is one of the aggression stats, I use AF.

Hands is also good to make sure you not making decisions on limited info. W$SD is a good indicator of how successful villains have been... although it's prolly also reflected in their stack count. I also use M in case my brain forgets how to do math for a moment. And that's about it.

I don't use abbreviations, or villains name, so I can get by with one line of stats at 8 point normal font. Yep, I'm a minimalist.

The bigger the tourney the less I rely on the HUD.

howiez
08-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Terrible

_Loki_
08-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Thank you howiez

Terrible
Your comment has added extra value to this thread

seto18
08-16-2010, 07:33 PM
** Shorten Player name to 3 characters

just my opinion