PDA

View Full Version : Summaries Pokerstars

iviori
07-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Hi, some days I try to import summaries as i do usually and HM don't take the results.
It happened twice on last days so i have some tournaments without the results entered.

Bored Social
07-09-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm experiencing the same thing. I played 120 180 man turbos on stars yesterday... And I'm only showing 13 of them in the results tab. The HH's however are all imported. I've tried importing my results from stars three times to no result.

morny
07-09-2010, 10:15 AM
please email the hands and summaries to support@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread

Bored Social
07-10-2010, 10:05 AM
I sent the HH's and summaries via email. I've now also tried deleting all the HH's and summaries from HEM and reimporting them. Same result. Is this a known issue?

netsrak
07-10-2010, 10:17 AM
We need to look at the hands you send so please forward your original mail to ask for the state.
I have no access to your data from here without your name or email address.

iviori
07-10-2010, 01:35 PM
I've also sent summaries and hands. Hope to get a reply soon.

Bored Social
07-10-2010, 02:27 PM
the email it came to you from is boredsocial@gmail.com. I just sent another email basically saying it was for netsrak.

fozzy71
07-10-2010, 02:53 PM
I just replied. Can you please send the original hands from your archive instead of the exported versions? We much prefer to have the original files as they were written before they were imported.

Bored Social
07-10-2010, 04:35 PM
OK. I'll try to figure out how to get my archived HH's after I finish my session. Rather predictably it's still happening. So far today I've played 30'ish tourneys and it's tracking 2.

Bored Social
07-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Archives sent.

Fishin4money
07-10-2010, 09:43 PM
yea I just imported 6 summaries of mtt's and not a single one had the correct number of players. Sometimes fewer players than my ending position (correctly placing me), other times wrong placement and number of players.

LotteryGuy
07-10-2010, 11:16 PM
I have the same problem.

First I tried to import tournament histories to my original HEM database, and nothing was imported.

Then I created a new database, where I reimported all my hands / tournament histories. It worked fine at start, but no histories are imported now.

I did Full vacuum with analyze on the DB, tried importing summaries after that, no change.

HEM does process these histories for a long time, it has processed last 234 histories for about twenty minutes.

I'm not sure, but HEM might have stopped importing these summaries after I switched back to my old database and back to the new database.

Anyway, there are no import errors reported by HEM, so I guess the parsing is fine. There is nothing special in the histories that won't import, something has triggered this state of "non-importing" in HEM.

PostGreSQL reports this error on its log, I don't know if it is related to tourney summary import:

WARNING: nonstandard use of \\ in a string literal at character 144
HINT: Use the escape string syntax for backslashes, e.g., E'\\'.

You should check your escape functions for strings to database. Although these are only warnings, they will create all sorts of problems.

LotteryGuy
07-10-2010, 11:17 PM
One more detail, HEM does record these tourney histories as having been imported, because one cannot re-import them from the same location again.

Bored Social
07-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Still going on. I gotta say- this is pretty annoying. I mean this is pretty basic stuff. We're talking about importing results- not running some kind of funky new stat to find out if we're c/f'ing flops where we 4bet too much.

Can we please just fix this so I can stop getting sarcastic comments from my fiance about how glad she is that HEM works better than pokertracker?

morny
07-12-2010, 12:46 AM
Thanks, ive mentioned this a couple of times that the summary issue is a weird one, it only happens sporadically and if you create a new database and import the same summary it works fine, so its something to do with the actual database, if you send us those summaries they import fine for us so we need to replicate the problem and then try and fix it from there.

Ive made several posts requesting people zip up their database and send it so we can restore it and do tests on the actual problem database, i haven't received any yet but thats not surprising as most people dont want to be upload their whole database to the internet, if someone had a small database with this issue it would help us greatly, saying that the developer has a bunch of tournament summaries that did cause problems for people and hes doing some tests on them to see if we can narrow down the issue, it would seem a simple issue but it is complicated but we hope to figure it out soon

cneuy3
07-12-2010, 01:15 AM
morny,

I've posted in a different thread on here and mentioned I downgraded to Beta 7.

I was having these same issues regarding tourney sizes being smaller than field sizes, etc.

1.10.02b seems to import the "Finish" correctly from the summaries many of the times but the number of tables, $ Won, and field size are usually all wrong.

When I downgraded to Beta 7 I was able to import my tournament summaries fine. My only problem with Beta 7 is that if you download the tourneys more than once the "Time" played gets all screwed up. Time's will end up being much higher than the actual time played.

I cannot figure out what is causing this.

Like others I'm not going to send you my database. Hopefully with some of these descriptions of the problem and the fact that old versions seemed to do many of these tasks correctly you can figure out the problem with 1.10.02b

LotteryGuy
07-12-2010, 02:53 AM
I took a look at Wireshark capture from HEM to PostgreSQL during an import that does nothing noticeable to database.

To me, it looks like the problem is caused by this SQL query

select distinct OP.Player_ID, (Select lower(PlayerName) from Players where Players.Player_Id = OP.Player_ID) as PlayerName from OptimizedPlayers OP Order by PlayerName asc

HEM gets a list of playernames in lower case in this query. Now that I saw this query, I realized the tourney summary import problem started after I restarted HEM and it showed the "Optimizing players" window.

My nickname contains a letter in uppercase. So, I think that HEM is looking for player_id in the result set returned by this query, and cannot find it because it is in lowercase in the result set. Therefore HEM doesn't update result for my account.

So, it is no wonder it happens "sporadically". One must have enough tournaments / hands for HEM to make an entry into the OptimizedPlayers table, AND one's nickname has to contain upper case letters.

This is a summary of events what is happening in the Wireshark capture:

It does these things:

1. Prepares several SQL statements in one huge query (36 kB).
2. Re-opens connection and authenticates to server
3. SQL query:
select distinct OP.Player_ID, (Select lower(PlayerName) from Players where Players.Player_Id = OP.Player_ID) as PlayerName from OptimizedPlayers OP Order by PlayerName asc
4. Gets a result set for the query in step 3. HERO is listed in the result set.
5. unlisten *, begin transaction
6. Select PlayerName,Player_ID from Players where PlayerName in (incomplete list of tourney participants)

The total size of participant names is 34441 bytes as counted from the original tourney history, the query here is 11774 bytes long. HERO isn't listed in this result set.

The query also gives out the error message:

Type: Notice
Length: 172
Severity: WARNING
Code: 22P06
Hint: Use the escape string syntax for backslashes, e.g. E'\\'.
Position: 4944
File: scan.l
Line: 953
Routine: check_string_escape_warning

The usernames responsible for this error are:

\/ladimir777
dee\blackam

You should fix your SQL escape routine in HEM to avoid these errors and problems caused by them.

7. A bunch (around 1000) of EXECUTE PlayersInsert ...; select currval('players_player_ID_seq') statements.

8. SQL query:
select * from tourneydata td join tourneyplayerdata tpd on td.tourneynumber = tpd.tourneynumber and td.site_id = tpd.site_id where td.tourneynumber = '316010926' and site_id = 2

Result set size is 18 rows, which seems really small, considering that the tourney had 3598 players in.

Is it really needed to get all columns in this query? Although the result set here is only 18 rows, getting only the necessary columns would make things faster.

9. SQL query:

Insert into ImportedFiles ....

10. COMMIT

LotteryGuy
07-12-2010, 03:00 AM
The query also gives out the error message:

Type: Notice
Length: 172
Severity: WARNING
Code: 22P06
Hint: Use the escape string syntax for backslashes, e.g. E'\\'.
Position: 4944
File: scan.l
Line: 953
Routine: check_string_escape_warning

The usernames responsible for this error are:

\/ladimir777
dee\blackam

You should fix your SQL escape routine in HEM to avoid these errors and problems caused by them.

One more comment on this: You should make sure to escape all non-prepared statement query string data with the string escape function: PostgreSQL: Documentation: Manuals: PostgreSQL 8.3: Command Execution Functions (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/libpq-exec.html#LIBPQ-EXEC-ESCAPE-STRING)

The Minder
07-12-2010, 05:57 AM
LotteryGuy

I've been putting up with this PS summaries breaking the db crap for about 18 months now and have got real frustrated creating new databases on an almost weekly basis. If the problem is as simple as you suggest then someone needs a slap. I really, really hope you're wrong.. no offense. Then again, I really really hope you're right.

netsrak
07-12-2010, 07:13 AM
I'll forward it to our developers.

LotteryGuy
07-12-2010, 06:40 PM
It doesn't seem to be the problem I described above. I removed the Optimizedplayers table entry for HERO, and it still didn't import the tourney history.

LotteryGuy
07-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Anyway, I'm quite sure it has something to do with the HERO optimization HEM does, beacuse that's when the problem appeared.

Bored Social
07-13-2010, 04:26 PM
So for a quick fix is there some previous version of HEM I can downgrade to that didn't have this issue?

morny
07-13-2010, 10:13 PM
No, both hopefully well have a fix soon

Bored Social
07-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Anything new here?

morny
07-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Still looking into this

Bored Social
07-17-2010, 10:02 AM
To see if it was a database issue I went ahead and created a new database and imported the month of July from my HEM archive folder. Same effect. This is probably not a database issue.

LotteryGuy
07-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Did you import tournament histories or hands? This issue is about tournament histories, and I'm not sure if those are ever moved into HMArchive folder.

kalam98
07-18-2010, 08:22 PM
I'm also having problems importing a 1 table SNG tournament summary from pokerstars. Any word on when this will be fixed?

netsrak
07-19-2010, 03:40 AM
We are working on the Stars issues at the moment.

adurnin
07-20-2010, 03:55 PM
I've been having this problem for weeks, HEM pretty much unusable for me until its fixed, does the latest release (which i've just downloaded) address this issue?

I have six months worth of summaries that are showing up wrong (had to put HEM on a new laptop)

PocketQueens
07-20-2010, 04:12 PM
I just downloaded HEM as a trial and right away am not sure if I should use it. I play 4-man HUSNGs on Stars and it has my 2nd place finishes paying me $22 and my 1st place finishes paying me $66 on the $11.50 games. Is this the same problem that is being discussed here?

desi115
07-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Im having the same problem with the tournament summaries.
I only have 13 days left in my trial, but atm it doesnt seem much use if it cant keep track of my results.
Is there a fix for this yet?

netsrak
07-22-2010, 04:50 AM
Please try 1.11.03: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/30576-1-11-03-official-release.html

There are some fixes in it.

value
07-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Having similar issues.

What annoys me the most is, that if I manually edit finish position and winnings, my stats won't update.

Therefore my ITM% and ROI% is completely screwed and HEM becomes kind of useless for me as I don't necessarily need a HUD.

I used 11.02b until today, upgraded to 11.03 right now.

Let's see if it's fixed.

PocketQueens
07-22-2010, 08:26 PM
I updated to the 11.03 and created a new database and it picks up all the games but still has the same problem. However, now the problem is only for this one or that one. For instance, some 11.5 tourneys show 44, 66, or 132 or first place and many of them show 22 for second place. However, correct would be 44 for first, 0 for second.

Confused.

BlackPersian
07-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Nothin fixed in .03 . :/ Still no summary import.

Rodney21a
07-29-2010, 01:29 PM
How can this issue not bee fixed. Pokerstars is only the biggest online site with the most sit n gos MTT..

send us and alert or progress report. I just had a "support" respond to another thread and never was altered to this thread. So many bugs its crazy...

the fact that support didnt direct me to this thread just shows me how uniformed support must be so that would be the reason this issue hasnt been fixed in months and over several updates....

So what is the skinny should I just Not import PS tourny summaries until this issue is fixed. and since its such a major issue for so many HEM users are you guys going to do the courtesy of sending us a notice that the issue is fixed?

fozzy71
07-29-2010, 10:30 PM
It has been updated in our internal build and we are doing testing on it. Hopefully most of the bugs will be taken care of in .04 but it is too early to be sure.